Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

R8 unsettled in heavy braking???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
R8 unsettled in heavy braking???

I had my R8 V10 at the track for the first time today. My previous track car was an Audi TTRS, my other car is an Aston Martin Vantage V12.

The R8 is more fun than the TTRS, though today on a tight track i was not much faster. It is clearly a more fun way to go fast.

It was not as tail happy as the V12, it felt like less a beast and had less torque.

Overall it was a fun experience, with the exception of the high speed braking zone at the end go the straight. In heavy braking from 190kms the car felt very unsettled. Especially compared to my other cars.

The rear felt loose and I had to work at keeping the car in a straight line. It was not a safe feeling. I don't remember feeling this in my friends R8 and it's spec'd the same as mine.

Any thoughts out there?

Old 10-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like the alignment and/or tire pressure could be off.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:17 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
I checked tires right before I went out.

Car is at dealer getting checked.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Thanks.

I had them check everything. Found wear (blustering from heat) on the front passenger tire, odd because the front driver is the side that should be wearing on this track.

All my other cars had wear on the drivers front as expected.

Brand new winter tires are on the car and in spring it will have the brakes done, summer (mostly track) rubber, and a proper track alignment.

I'm curious why the pagids for the rear but not the front?

Old 10-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys. It's an easy fix, so I will give it a go.

Has anyone tried the Stasis rotors?

*** I have noticed the dealer changed the front passenger shock under warranty, but did not change the drivers side. Incredible considering the car had 18.000 miles on it. I'm battling them now. I cannot believe the shenanigans these guys try to get up to.

Last edited by black penguin; 10-23-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We have addressed this issue with the R8's and have developed suspension components to fix these problems.

I would start with our rear toe kit and front bump and toe kit.

Feel free to email me if you have questions or need additional help