Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

shopping for a RS7- any easy ways to tell the different option packages?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 12:32 AM
qwiketz is on a distinguished road
shopping for a RS7- any easy ways to tell the different option packages?

Hi there. I'm looking for probably a 2014-2016 rs7. When browsing through the ads, sometimes they don't say what packages are on the car such as the prestige or the performance. Is there any easy way to tell? Beyond that, what should I look for?

Old 07-11-2018, 02:20 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
I just bought a 2015 rs7 a couple of months ago. It is truly an amazing car, best I've even owned. It just does everything well, supremely comfortable. The performance package is the biggest option. I shied away from it as it adds a lot to cost, but the car is already a beast in stock form so I didn't want more power. My car has the C7 luxury package with 'exclusive' leather and inlays. All I know is the leather looks amazing as does the rest of the interior, but it is a lot of money. I also have driver's assistance and comfort seating. I love the seats! I know many feel it is a gimmick, but I do use the massage seat function.

I hope this helps a bit. If you have any other questions let me know. Don't hesitate to get one if you find a good one!

Old 07-14-2018, 11:13 PM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
Fortunately there are not a ton of options

If it has the heads up display, it pretty much means they have the night vision an everything else with the drivers assist. Most of them have it all anyway unlike the S7. Heads up array is easy to spot on the dash. Night vision is worthless but land assist, brake assistance, adaptive cruise all go with the heads up display.

The B n O stereo is easy to spot on the dash.

Alcantara headliners are hard to see in pictures.

Seat options are easy to spot. Comfort seats usually come with heated steering wheel. I’m not sure if you can get a heads wheel with diamond stitched sport seats.

Black optics - body color mirrors easy to spot.

Carbon fiber exterior trim is hard to see in picture. it you want it!!

20” 6 spoke vs 21” pinwheel are easy to spot.

Facelift in 2015 is it ? Easy to spot. 2016 up has a few more interior options on stitching and alcantara.

Thars about it off the top of my head.

I had a 2014 - beast of a car especially for tuning. It’s not nearly as poised as my Panamera Turbo and almost has too much power for its own good which....has its own kind of fun. The reviews are wrong, in that the Panamera is not louder or less cocooned from the road. The reviews are correct that the exhaust is sublime, and it’s a softer more daily manageable ride.

Last edited by Paul Rathjen; 07-14-2018 at 11:17 PM.