Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NEW B7 Audi RS4 OWNER! easter bunny comes early

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:54 PM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by oalvarez
on top of that, 997's are a plenty. i'm sorry but that's just a fact.

regards
The number one reason i refuse to buy one.

My parents have been begging me to get something practical and i pulled a deposit i had on a Viper.

I am seriously contemplating visiting Audi tomorrow to have a testdrive on the RS4...

Old 04-14-2007, 10:08 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
The number one reason i refuse to buy one.

My parents have been begging me to get something practical and i pulled a deposit i had on a Viper.

I am seriously contemplating visiting Audi tomorrow to have a testdrive on the RS4...
why don't u just get a M5? thought u like it. u can take my lease over.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:36 PM
oalvarez is infamous around these parts
spacers and milltek on deck......less $, should help both looks and felt difference.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:40 PM
ReconTrojan is infamous around these parts
spacers and milltek on deck......less $, should help both looks and felt difference.
Well be careful on the spacers many of us are having issues and trying to work them out now. Which were you planning? Not sure I would *** spacers without lowering.

-Jon

Old 04-15-2007, 12:28 AM
A430v is infamous around these parts
Told you, resistance is futile, especially with someone like Arling helping. Which version did you get? You'll fall in love!

Old 04-15-2007, 01:55 AM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 20C4S
why don't u just get a M5? thought u like it. u can take my lease over.
I don't lease mate.

Also, i would only get an M5 in black or white.

I do love the M5, but the smg issues i have been hearing about mixed with the absolutely awful resale value have really put me off, oh and it doesn't have a droptop!

Old 04-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Recon, thanks for the suggestions and update on the spacers. If there are issues then i will opt out of putting them on. I was going to go with the H&R 8mm ones but it's not worth it in my eyes if they cause problems.

As for the Milltek exhaust, my plans are to go with the cat-backs, non-valved, as so many think the valved versions don't make a difference in sound when closed. would i like to be able to "turn them down" from time to time, sure, but if it makes no difference it seems like a waste of money.

can't wait to put some miles on the car today.

Arling, if you're out there: what do you have at your shop that you could install today?

Old 04-15-2007, 11:53 AM
YSITSMN is infamous around these parts
That is the exhaust I put on my car and I love it. I think I am also going to pick up the middle non res pipes.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:10 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Arling, if you're out there: what do you have at your shop that you could install today?

i saw a set of big fuzzy dice sitting around.

i saw a silver one on the street few days ago.... just simply awesome.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:53 PM
mentar is infamous around these parts
beautiful colour combo. That's exactly what I would've picked up myself.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:40 PM
ReconTrojan is infamous around these parts
Recon, thanks for the suggestions and update on the spacers. If there are issues then i will opt out of putting them on. I was going to go with the H&R 8mm ones but it's not worth it in my eyes if they cause problems.

As for the Milltek exhaust, my plans are to go with the cat-backs, non-valved, as so many think the valved versions don't make a difference in sound when closed. would i like to be able to "turn them down" from time to time, sure, but if it makes no difference it seems like a waste of money.

can't wait to put some miles on the car today.

Do not do the 8mm under any circumstances, they will cause vibrations. Currently only the 10mm ia semi-working. Some 5mm are being tried on the front wheels next week.

I am not doing any exhaust mods at this time as the factory sound is ample for my tastes at the moment. I wonder if there is any droning.

Good luck and enjoy yours!

-Jon

Old 04-16-2007, 01:28 AM
A430v is infamous around these parts
Slight droning...between 1,500 to 2,500 rpms...but then again, you rarely cruise at those speeds. I feel (IMO), the droning is nice, especially when the car is slowing down, nice deep sound. Definitely though...after 2,500 rpm, the droning is gone and you're close to stock sound, until you go over 4.5k. Then, it's " !" I normally cruise around 3k rpm and it's just like stock, not intrusive at all. Cheers!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:37 AM
is your milltek valved or non-valved? resonated or non-resonated?

thanks!

Old 04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
congrats, looks great in any color IMO.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:17 AM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
is your milltek valved or non-valved? resonated or non-resonated?

thanks!
Does the valving option simply allow you to retain the connection from the exhaust to the "Sport" button to switch from quite to loud?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW B7 Audi RS4 OWNER! easter bunny comes early