Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone here own an A3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:16 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Verone24
Love ours............she has Oettinger body kit, suspension, exhaust and mats. Boston Accoustics sound system, Volk TE 37 time attacks and Alcon big brakes and stasis suspension coming shortly.

thats a GREAT looking A3!!!

I almost bought an A3 for a DD after I thought I was going to prep my e46m but...guess you see how that went out...still got an audi though...

Old 04-24-2007, 01:00 AM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Went and test drove a 2.0T s-line DSG - this may replace the M3 .

Old 04-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Responsible user
Bronto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GoWide
Went and test drove a 2.0T s-line DSG - this may replace the M3 .
is it that good? I'm looking into the a3 as a future car for me back in sweden practical cool good quality and quite sporty. how was the DSG-box by the way? it shifts way faster than the enzo, gearchanges made at 8ms!!

Old 04-24-2007, 01:50 AM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bronto
is it that good? I'm looking into the a3 as a future car for me back in sweden practical cool good quality and quite sporty. how was the DSG-box by the way? it shifts way faster than the enzo, gearchanges made at 8ms!!
Well, it's not a sports car, so it won't be a direct replacement for one. I, however, don't have time for aggressive drives anymore, and after certain recent events I just don't have the desire.

It was peppy, handled well, and the DSG was just amazing. It's boring just tapping the flappy paddles, but this is a daily driver, so that's ok. With a chip, exhaust, and some better wheels, I think it would be a great little run around car. It has a ton of room inside (more than my S4), and the interior is great as per Audi's usual quality.

My only complaint is lack of power seats in the S-line, and the seats themslves could use more supportive sides. But for sporty driving around town and the occasional twisties drive, it should be fine.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:37 AM
Responsible user
Originally Posted by GoWide
Well, it's not a sports car, so it won't be a direct replacement for one. I, however, don't have time for aggressive drives anymore, and after certain recent events I just don't have the desire.

It was peppy, handled well, and the DSG was just amazing. It's boring just tapping the flappy paddles, but this is a daily driver, so that's ok. With a chip, exhaust, and some better wheels, I think it would be a great little run around car. It has a ton of room inside (more than my S4), and the interior is great as per Audi's usual quality.

My only complaint is lack of power seats in the S-line, and the seats themslves could use more supportive sides. But for sporty driving around town and the occasional twisties drive, it should be fine.
Yeah, but it has got some power though. I don't want to start of by getting a sports car, just would get my license pulled in

I would go with a stick instead of the DSG though, it's more fun working with the car you know. Yeah I'd like to chip and get some other pipes on it if not too expensive too. Exactly, quite roomy so you can haul around stuff but it's not a big car.
Nice, I'm gonna look into it more. Just got an eye on the new audi tt though, it's a very nice car too.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:57 AM
alenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to all
Just got an eye on the new audi tt though, it's a very nice car too.
Oh, so you're in the hairdressing business.. I suggest you contact me_qwkr https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=79608

Old 04-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Responsible user
Originally Posted by alenst
Oh, so you're in the hairdressing business.. I suggest you contact me_qwkr https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=79608
ah come on, this model ain't that ghey. it's quite cool, good quality and price is not that high.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:22 PM
alenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to allalenst is a name known to all
ah come on, this model ain't that ghey. it's quite cool, good quality and price is not that high.
Just messing with you Although it has the same name as the ghey predecessor, wich makes it a bit gay

Old 04-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Responsible user
Just messing with you Although it has the same name as the ghey predecessor, wich makes it a bit gay
yeah but I know, I kinda have the same perception of it but I do like the new model. teh prevoius one was awful, my neighbor in Sweden had one and after a few weeks the whole engine broke down and they had to replace it teh interior in the new one is smashing, but it's a tough call between it and the a3. 2seat vs. 4seat too.

what is me_qwrk driving by the way?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:23 AM
yeah but I know, I kinda have the same perception of it but I do like the new model. teh prevoius one was awful, my neighbor in Sweden had one and after a few weeks the whole engine broke down and they had to replace it teh interior in the new one is smashing, but it's a tough call between it and the a3. 2seat vs. 4seat too.

what is me_qwrk driving by the way?
Well, i've heard that it's supposed to be a bit sportier and not so gay anymore Regarding the 2seat vs. 4seat, i think you should go 2seat judging by your age. You'll have time for 4-seaters later

IIRC, he's driving a tuned skyline.

/Hälsningar från varma Stockholm

Old 04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Responsible user
Well, i've heard that it's supposed to be a bit sportier and not so gay anymore Regarding the 2seat vs. 4seat, i think you should go 2seat judging by your age. You'll have time for 4-seaters later

IIRC, he's driving a tuned skyline.

/Hälsningar från varma Stockholm
Yeah? I thought it be cool to haul around my friends, but a 2-seater might be mroe purposeful. I'm gonna check around a bit on mobile.de

Okay, I don't know so much about skylines really. Isn't that what Lloyd has in Entourage by the way haha

/Soliga hälsningar från Santa Barbara!
Har ni fått gött väder nu? Det har varit riktig svensk höststorm här i en vecka:S

Old 04-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah? I thought it be cool to haul around my friends, but a 2-seater might be mroe purposeful. I'm gonna check around a bit on mobile.de

Okay, I don't know so much about skylines really. Isn't that what Lloyd has in Entourage by the way haha

/Soliga hälsningar från Santa Barbara!
Har ni fått gött väder nu? Det har varit riktig svensk höststorm här i en vecka:S
Yeah, that's the only drawback really. Are you coming back to Sweden soon, since you're looking at cars to import from germany? Watch out for the suspiciously cheap ones. Btw, what do you think of the Z4?

I've only watched one episode of Entourage, so i don't really know. I meant you should contact him because he was looking for a hairdresser

/Jo, vi i Stockholm fick bra väder idag, men du är väl från Göteborg? ("Gött")

Old 04-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Responsible user
Yeah, that's the only drawback really. Are you coming back to Sweden soon, since you're looking at cars to import from germany? Watch out for the suspiciously cheap ones. Btw, what do you think of the Z4?

I've only watched one episode of Entourage, so i don't really know. I meant you should contact him because he was looking for a hairdresser

/Jo, vi i Stockholm fick bra väder idag, men du är väl från Göteborg? ("Gött")
Sorry about the hijacking fellas

Yeah I'm unfortunetely going back in June. My visa expires then =/ But if I'm gonna start studying this Fall/Spring I'll need a car cause I figure I'll start staying with my folks, and they live 25km from the universities in town.

Yeah, we've always been buying cars through mobile, it's great! my brother got his z3 and m coupe from that site. Yeah I really like the z4, the coupe then but I don't know. My brother be getting the 'm' (aren't you mbolo) and I don't want the same car, that be a bit weird. the tt has got really good reviews and it seems like a nice car.
I'm gonna look at the golf as well but I don't like how it's perceived back home.
you got another suggestion in mind alenst?

haha okay, Lloyd spelar för andra laget så att säga och kör en f&f bil:P
jepp, framsidan av sverige hoho

Old 04-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Cayenne328 is infamous around these parts
thinking of getting one for the wife, but wondering should i get a larger car if we have kids in the near future.

But this looks nice with the caractere kit.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Lucky-T is infamous around these parts
I've owned mine for about 2 years. It's a good daily driver, but it's no supercar. It's quick, but lacks the grip you find in rwd or awd cars (mine is 2.0Turbo fwd), so it's a struggle to put the power to the ground. This might not be a problem for people who modify their cars, but mine is stock. I find the tires spin very easily searching for traction, and the traction control makes you want to scream.
The DSG is incredible though. No launch control means it's a little sluggish off the line, but it shifts fast and smooth. Also, throttle response (drive by wire) needs a lot of improvement. If you've driven GTI's, then this about the same. Nothing great, nothing horrible-just a good daily commuter. Although it has never left me stranded on the side of the road, it has been to the dealer on several occasions (once towed due to a bad coil). I find that unacceptable for a new car with >13k miles. My other cars have never been to the dealer except for oil changes.
I can't say I trust Audi/VW products as much as I used to. Resale value is pretty sad too in case you're someone who goes through cars often like I do. I'd probably never buy an Audi again based on my experience. And I wouldn't recommend the A3 while the GTI is out there for less.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.