Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

RS4 Videos FTW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:14 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
I enjoyed the windingroad.com video.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:23 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
You better not replace your M3 with either or I will have to smack you, if you do sell the m I want it

Chris thanks for sharing, RS4 is an awesome car, just too boring after a while (being a non daily driver)
hey martin...i actually thought of u if i was gonna sell, but i highly doubt its gonna happen. more lately, me and john (pearlwhiteg35coupe) have been taking some rips around back roads around here every few weeks and ive really really gotten to run this car hard...the more i run it, the more it impresses me and is just sooo fun...i test drove a fully loaded 07 s4 yest and i have to tell you, the car is so uninspiring and gutless. heres my honest oppinion.

i liked:

the seat-very supportive like the m3 seats and were cool looking too
the looks-good looking 4 door saloon
interior-material were reminiscent of my m3

I didnt like:

the shifter-very long throws
seat position-very high up, felt like i was in an suv
the steering wheel-has to be one of the cheapest thin steering wheels i have ever felt, and the function buttons were cheap too
clutch-way way way way way too soft, didnt feel like a sporty enough clutch
responsiveness-pedal response was abismal
AWD-compared to my 911 C4-this awd system sucks the car dry and dont mention understeer to me!

i got in my m3 after i talked some number with the guy and i felt right away i was in a more special car, right fromt he start up. SO MUCH MORE RAWWWWW! my car pulls much much harder in every gear at every rpm and with my gears, more tq'y too! and you just dont beat an 8200 rpm redline (thanks to my custom software). really no contest...

im going to check out the rs4 when they get it in in about a month, but it doesnt look good so far is this i all theve got to offer on a 340 hp v8.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kem
ummm... guess you haven't been following the news eh?

The RS4 is leagues ahead of the E46 M3 and all the UK mag tests are saying the RS4 is VERY close in performance to the E92 M3 and some have even gone as far as to say the RS4 was a better car as an overall package. The RS4 is already two years old and so far the tests are saying the new M3 is pretty equal to the RS4. So its hardly putting Audi back 5 years. Audi is also releasing their B8 A4 next year, so the next RS (be it RS5 or RS4) will come out and probably trump the M3 for a couple years until bmw redesigns again.

And if its RWD, it wouldn't be an Audi.
hey man...lets put up an rs4 vs an m3 csl and see which car gets its *** HANDED TO IT?!?

Old 07-25-2007, 11:55 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
hey martin...i actually thought of u if i was gonna sell, but i highly doubt its gonna happen. more lately, me and john (pearlwhiteg35coupe) have been taking some rips around back roads around here every few weeks and ive really really gotten to run this car hard...the more i run it, the more it impresses me and is just sooo fun...i test drove a fully loaded 07 s4 yest and i have to tell you, the car is so uninspiring and gutless. heres my honest oppinion.

i liked:

the seat-very supportive like the m3 seats and were cool looking too
the looks-good looking 4 door saloon
interior-material were reminiscent of my m3

I didnt like:

the shifter-very long throws
seat position-very high up, felt like i was in an suv
the steering wheel-has to be one of the cheapest thin steering wheels i have ever felt, and the function buttons were cheap too
clutch-way way way way way too soft, didnt feel like a sporty enough clutch
responsiveness-pedal response was abismal
AWD-compared to my 911 C4-this awd system sucks the car dry and dont mention understeer to me!

i got in my m3 after i talked some number with the guy and i felt right away i was in a more special car, right fromt he start up. SO MUCH MORE RAWWWWW! my car pulls much much harder in every gear at every rpm and with my gears, more tq'y too! and you just dont beat an 8200 rpm redline (thanks to my custom software). really no contest...

im going to check out the rs4 when they get it in in about a month, but it doesnt look good so far is this i all theve got to offer on a 340 hp v8.
EXACTLY, I cannot get enough of the E46 M3's.. I am going to get another one shortly to add along, and keep it FOREVER, seriously I cannot get it out of my system/mind.. RS4 was awesome, but doesnt hold a candle to an M3 in the fun department, sorry. And a well driven M3 with someone who KNOWS what they are doing will give one a good run in the triple digits!

You have the exact color combo I NEED, Silver/Grey on Cinnamon my goodness!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:19 PM
EXACTLY, I cannot get enough of the E46 M3's.. I am going to get another one shortly to add along, and keep it FOREVER, seriously I cannot get it out of my system/mind.. RS4 was awesome, but doesnt hold a candle to an M3 in the fun department, sorry. And a well driven M3 with someone who KNOWS what they are doing will give one a good run in the triple digits!

You have the exact color combo I NEED, Silver/Grey on Cinnamon my goodness!!!!!!!!!
yea man, i dont think im gonna get rid of this, just add another car or two with it...i actually think the way my car is setup, an rs4 would have a tough time pulling on me. anyone around nj/ny/pa have one and want to do some friendly run?

Old 07-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Gabriel will become famous soon enough
hey man...lets put up an rs4 vs an m3 csl and see which car gets its *** HANDED TO IT?!?
Sure. But lets do the test in the real world where it rains, roads have lower friction coefficients and downhills frying your brakes.

I don't know if you have driven a CSL due to the impossibility to get it over the states but apart from the tires and the addictive noise of the intake it's not much more than a stock M3.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:58 PM
yea man, i dont think im gonna get rid of this, just add another car or two with it...i actually think the way my car is setup, an rs4 would have a tough time pulling on me. anyone around nj/ny/pa have one and want to do some friendly run?
I believe you would win. Not only the US RS4 is much heavier than your track but it's seriously handicapped from the tranny loss.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Gabriel
Sure. But lets do the test in the real world where it rains, roads have lower friction coefficients and downhills frying your brakes.

I don't know if you have driven a CSL due to the impossibility to get it over the states but apart from the tires and the addictive noise of the intake it's not much more than a stock M3.
thats true...but really that comparison is for basically the best of the best of each in the same class...

Old 07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
I believe you would win. Not only the US RS4 is much heavier than your track but it's seriously handicapped from the tranny loss.
yea, i def think with my mods i would easily be able to take one from a dig or from a roll in pretty much any gear, at any speed.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:36 PM
thats true...but really that comparison is for basically the best of the best of each in the same class...
++

I am not in position to own a car just because of how well it can perform in a track. And if I did that wouldn't be an m3. At least not an E46. Mass, apart from being harder to control wears moving parts...

yea, i def think with my mods i would easily be able to take one from a dig or from a roll in pretty much any gear, at any speed.
It should be pretty straight forward from a roll. From dig I am not sure having not driven your car but the audi can take the jump against a stock M3.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:04 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Gabriel sorry but you couldn't be more wrong, check out e46 m3 non and then csl laptimes, two different realms of performance and Especially on the highway over triple digit speeds, just ask Gustav from m5board-Sweden who I just had the pleasure of meeting! CSL was on topic and he said it was fassst , surprisingly fast against other cars ! RS4 is a great grocery getter though I can't lie

Old 07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
CSL was on topic and he said it was fassst , surprisingly fast against other cars !
You sure that's what he said? With that accent, you never know

Old 07-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Gabriel sorry but you couldn't be more wrong, check out e46 m3 non and then csl laptimes, two different realms of performance and Especially on the highway over triple digit speeds, just ask Gustav from m5board-Sweden who I just had the pleasure of meeting! CSL was on topic and he said it was fassst , surprisingly fast against other cars ! RS4 is a great grocery getter though I can't lie
I won't ask gustav to be honest. BMW could produce the most ****ty car and he would still praise it.

Put the sport cups on the normal M3 and the gap will close. As far as straight line performance is concerned, it is faster than a stock car but not an m3 with exhaust intake and proper software. Slower than an SLK55 and a 997S too.

It has nothing to do with the RS4. Honestly if I didn't have 2 kids I would not give a **** about the RS4, RS5, E92 etc. A tuned NA E46 M3 and my boxster are all the cars I needed.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:44 PM
++

I am not in position to own a car just because of how well it can perform in a track. And if I did that wouldn't be an m3. At least not an E46. Mass, apart from being harder to control wears moving parts...

It should be pretty straight forward from a roll. From dig I am not sure having not driven your car but the audi can take the jump against a stock M3.
def the audi with tis AWD against a stock m3, but my m3 happens to have 4.10 gears which makes a WORLD of difference.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:47 PM
A tuned NA E46 M3 and my boxster are all the cars I needed.
+1 on that...two great cars

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS4 Videos FTW!