Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

993 Race Car/Track Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:43 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Thumbs up 993 Race Car/Track Car

I am selling my 993. Many of you are aware of my race car. It is a fully-developed race car (but is street legal and has a title) built originally by noted race car builder, Johnny Fiorino (shop in Toronto) for the Motorola Cup Series (now known as Koni-Challenge). I purchased it in March 2006 from Barry Ellis. Barry is a former Panoz Series Champion and current Grand-Am racer.

The car is classed by PCA as an I stock car (under old classifications was C stock) racing as a 993 RS. The car comes with a current PCA logbook and also has raced in the PBOC series.

It has many of the RS bits including the suspension. Barry set C stock records at Sebring & Barber. I later broke his Barber record twice and set track records at Mid-Ohio and Road Atlanta (twice, also broken by Karl this year). The car has multiple class poles; class wins and podiums.

I have extensive documentation of work performed on the car since I've owned it. Among new parts include all new suspension pieces, new transmission, complete clutch assembly, Peter Dawhe custom headers and a new head and rebuild of the engine.

I chose to buy this car versus a Cup Car at the time because I wanted to get comfortable with the slip angle and car moving around at a lower speeds that that of a Cup Car. This car is very predictable and I've progressed significantly since racing it (it also worked well for Barry).

My plans now are to pursue a 996 Cup Car (allowing upgrades for shock package this year) or build a Cayman S.

Please pm me if you are interested in discussing my 993. I can validate all work done and can make one promise, I never get out of my car without a smile on my face. With the values of 993's, I also think the value will remain strong.

The price for my 993 is $60,000. Additional photos and summary of work avaliable to seriously interested 6spd members.
Pictures with different liveries over the years.

PM me if interested.

Thanks

Last edited by MiniDHinkle; 06-03-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:23 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
its the right color!

Old 06-04-2009, 03:50 PM
mcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the roughmcar00 is a jewel in the rough
I remember racing with Barry at Homestead in a PBOC race a few years ago. This car is really well done and pretty fast!