Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1991 911 Turbo (964 Turbo)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:12 PM
JBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of lightJBurer is a glorious beacon of light
1991 911 Turbo (964 Turbo)

Year: 1991
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $50000
Mileage: 61000
Color: Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): GA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I am selling my nicely modified '91 Turbo (964). It currently has 61,040 miles and is in great running order. Aesthetically, I'd rate the car a "nice driver" - nice enough that I always get compliments on the car's condition, but not so nice I'm afraid to drive the car wherever and whenever. The last 6 months have seen about 2,000 miles on the car with no issues.

When I bought the car I had a PPI done by Franz Blam Racing (one of the nation's leading 3.3L turbo Porsche gurus - http://www.franzblamracing.com/) who found no faults except for a couple minor oil leaks. A copy of the report is available for serious parties.

During my ownership, I've found the car to be very reliable and a joy to drive. I live near the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and virtually all of the miles I've put on the car have been nice weather weekend driving in the North Georgia and North Carolina mountains (see video below). As it sits now, the car needs nothing - within the last 3,000 miles I put new tires on the car when I upgraded to 18" rims, replaced the brake master cylinder and had the brake system serviced (pads, fluid, etc). About 7,000 miles ago I had the A/C system serviced and the charge still blows cold. Oil changed every year or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first. Valves adjusted and new spark plug wires 7,000 miles ago. Service recepits available back to 2004.

EFI Conversion
TurboKraft (aka the extremely talented Chris Carroll) converted this car to EFI about 20,000 miles ago, in 2005, and it's been basically bug free. I've outlined the major components that were done during the conversion below. Full details on the build, along with pictures, are outlined on TurboKraft's website here - http://www.turbokraft.com/gallery/v/964/Bruce_964/

The work TurboKraft performed was a base performance upgrade - it optimized the system for some modern technology (modern turbocharger and electronic fuel injection), giving the car more power but still an OEM-like drive-ability and reliability. I had the car dynoed in late 2010 (about 3,000 miles ago) and horsepower output is nearly identical to when the car was converted in 2005: 424 wheel horsepower / 363 wheel torque (or roughly 500 horsepower at the flywheel) at 1 bar of boost. In this configuration, the car has passed emissions here in Georgia the past two years.

Dyno Video -

Further Dyno tuning by TurboKraft during the conversion produced the below results with 91 Octane Gas and a non-cat exhaust:

High Boost Setting: 468rwhp / 430rwtq @ 17.5 psi
Low Boost Setting: 442rwhp / 389rwtq @ 15.7 psi

Modifications
TurboKraft Digital EFI(Electronic Fuel Injection) Conversion
AEM Engine Management, Milspec connector, wideband AFR sensor, etc
Garrett GT3582R Dual Ball Bearing Turbo
Billy Boat Stainleses Sport Headers w/Heat Exchangers
Custom Exhaust with Free-Flow Catalytic Converter and Fabspeed Exhaust Tips
1994 Turbo S M4P3-Option Camshafts (964 profile)
Turbo RS Clutch Package
RS3.8 Lightweight Chromoly Flywheel
993 Turbo High Strength Aluminum Clutch Plate
RS38 High Friction Organic Disc w/Spring Hub
Custom Intake with K&N Element
MSD 6A Ignition Amplifier

The car also has Bilstein Shocks (Franz Blam Racing believed it was the PSS9 coil-over kit), and an aftermarket CD player and amplifier.

The title is clean and lien-free. There was a bump in the rear some years ago - I believe in a parking lot. There were some rock chips and a couple scratches (addressed with Dr. Color Chip) and a small tear (approx 2mm in size) in the headliner, but otherwise the car is in very good shape.

If you're looking for a well-sorted, turn-key 965 Turbo to drive and enjoy, this is your car. Asking $50,000. Please contact me via email (jburer@yahoo.com) or PM if interested. The car is located in Atlanta, GA.

Mountain driving in fall -

Pictures
https://picasaweb.google.com/1059493...67380/911Turbo
Best,
John

Attached Images  
Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Wow, beautiful car John, it looks great. Sorry to hear your letting it go, I hope there will be another one in the future to replace it. But its a C2 Turbo, so it will be hard to find a replacement for that car. GLWS and let me know if you ever need anything.
Thanks,