Price: $34500
Mileage: 34400
Color: Cinnamon/Silver Gray
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

* * * SOLD * * *

Seriously thinking about selling my 2005 M3. Currently has 34,3xx miles. I'd like to free up money for a business as we currently have 5 cars, but only 3 licensed drivers in the household. I DO NOT need to sell. Honestly, I'm perfectly happy keeping the car for a very long time if there's no interest. Between this and an 07 E63 we have, there really isn't more I want from a car.

The car is located in Los Angeles (Pasadena area). I also own the title free and clear. I won't respond to lowballs or tirekickers. You having cash in hand won't change anything either. I know what the car is worth and will wait for the right buyer.

I've modded it pretty conservatively, but it's still a head turner. At least twice a month I'll have people come up to me to talk about the car. Also, has to be heard in person. Not a intricate exhaust set up, but it is an amazing sounding car. The sound itself would just get the car noticed.

I am the second owner. I purchased the car in August 2009 with ~16k miles from an M3Forum member. I have a lot of original documents (maybe all of them?), records of most of the maintenance, and three keys (2 main keys and 1 valet key). Oil changed every 6 months with most of the records to prove it. Documentation of most other services INCLUDING the crucial 1,200 mile service.

The dealer's asking price was almost $65k before tax and title! Car was originally purchased at BMW of Concord in Northern California. Has been a California car its entire life. ALSO, THE CAR IS 100% SMOG LEGAL. IT EASILY PASSES CA SMOG TESTS. No paint work, stories, etc. Check the flickr page for a copy of the Carfax report I pulled when I bought the car. I put new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on the car about a year ago when they first came out. The car has less than 5k miles on the new tires. The tires still have the nipples on them and will last you a long time.

The car has never been tracked or driven in the rain. It has been garaged by both the previous owner and me. When the car was purchased new, the previous owner added a 3M clear bra which covers the entire front bumper and goes halfway up the fenders and hood. Overall the car is in excellent shape. The only imperfection is a paint chip on the hood right next to the hood emblem. I tried to capture it in a picture on the flickr page.

I've tried to wash the car at least once every two weeks. I mainly used Meguiar's products for the soap and tires. I used a combination of 303, Meguiar's Interior Detailer, and Leatherique for the interior. For the exterior I clayed (Meguair's C-2000) and waxed (Zymol) at least once every two months. I used 303 Aerospace Protectant for the trim and invisiable glass for the windows.

Maintenance has been completed regularly and on time or early at the dealer. This car had a 7 year extended warranty, so you know it has been well taken care of. Oil changes were performed every 6-8 months (only about every 3k miles since the mileage is pretty low). At 15k miles all fluids were changed and the aftermarket differential was checked to make sure it was in good condition. At that time, the dealer completed all open campaigns. Inspection I was performed at the dealer ~23k miles (valve adjustment as well). Had them check for subframe cracks then too...found nothing. At 30k miles I had all engine belts changed since I didn't want to take a chance with a low mileage car. Also, just renewed registration in August, so that's another expense you don't have to worry about for 11 months.

There was a PPI done on the car in the middle of September. PM me for a link to the maintenance records and PPI results. Everything was clear except a code reading "Inlet Vanos adaptation value too low". I had Toan check this out, and after popping the valve cover, he found the cam gear bolts were coming loose and the exhaust cam gear was cracked. This issue was found while it was still in the very early stages and taken care of (almost a $2,000 expense). If you're on this forum, you know what a Vanos problem can do to an engine. This is one less thing you have to worry about. You know if Toan fixed it, there's no better way to repair it. This car really is ready to buy and drive.

Original Car:
2005 M3 Coupe ($47,300.00)
Silver Gray Metallic Paint ($475.00)
Cinnamon Leather ($1,100.00)
Competition Package ($4,000.00)
Glass Moonroof ($1,050.00)
Power Front Seats w/ Driver Memory ($995.00)
Park Distance Control (Included)
Xenon Headlights ($700.00)
SMG Gearbox ($2,400.00)

Other Misc/OEM Stuff:
Destination Charge ($695.00)
Gas Guzzler Tax ($1,000.00)
Floor Mats ($147.00)
Dealer Markup ($4,998.00)

ORIGINAL ASKING PRICE: $64,860.00

Mods:

Cosmetic:
4500K HID Fogs
6000K Predator Chromium Angel Eyes
Depo Smoked Corners + Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs
Euro Aspheric Side Mirrors (These are pretty rare stateside. Completely eliminate any blindspot.)
Hüper Optik Tint (I think it's 35/60...not 100% sure though)
Matte Black/Painted Kidneys
Matte Black ///M3 Trunk Badge
Matte Black 19" CSL Reps
Matte Black Side Gills
CF Emblems
Unpainted CF Diffuser
Eurospec CSL Bootlid w/ Short Handle
Painted Reflectors
Painted Keyhole Delete
LED License Plate Lights

Interior:
OEM Oval Rear View Mirror
Hamann Pedals
CSL Aluminum Paddle Shifters
Extended Euro Tray
Kenwood DDX8017

Performance:
4.10 Differential
Agency Power v1 Exhaust w/ Unresonated Sec I (Does not drone. Toan @ PF AG did one hell of a job installing this.)
GruppeM Carbon Kevlar Intake

Suspension:
Bilstein PSS9 Adjustable Coilovers
RE Rear Shock Mounts
Sway Bars (Not 100% sure of the brand...but they're red?)

Cons:
1. Paint Chip on Hood (See flickr)
2. Hood Emblem Needs Reclear(Could use a simple sand and reclear. Easy DIY job or cheap to replace if you don't like the CF emblems. I might do this before the car is sold.)
3. Clear Bra (Reaching the end of its useful life. Doesn't look bad, but you can tell it could be better.)

It's a great example of an M3 that has been driven and well taken care of. There is a lot of work put into the car. I think the major mods left were (short of F/I): pulley kit, headers, tune, and stainless steel brake lines.

Top dollar was spent on all modifications. Look at how the angel eyes are wired for example, and you can tell they were professionally installed by someone who knew what they were doing. The CSL trunk was painted by a high end dealer (McKenna) to keep the OEM look. You'll be pressed to find another M3 in this sort of condition with the documentation and mods you'll find on mine.

As a bonus, you'll have the registration paid through September 12th, 2013. I should also be able to throw in the satellite radio and XM traffic subscription (have to check with a friend).

Here are some pictures of the car before the CF diffuser, AP v1 exhaust, shark fin, and CSL trunk. Also, removed the Hamaan lip since it was cracked.

More Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8691631...ream_welcome=1

Please don't comment on my thread stating it's the wrong transmission or on the wrong coast. Any serious buyer can convert the car to a manual without too much of a headache and I'm willing to ship the car as long as the buyer makes all arrangements. Also, if you have a problem with my price, please PM me and don't post in the thread. I'll like to keep the thread on topic.

There's between $10k-$15k of aftermarket stuff on the car (not including the cost of painting, installation, etc.). You're getting Michelin Pilot Supersport tires with less than 5k miles on them, registration paid through September 2013, PPI documents, and the valve cover opened with the Vanos fully inspected by Toan.

Before anyone asks, I'm not parting out anything at all. Please refrain from asking.

Respect my time and I'll respect yours. I don't have the car listed many places because I'm not desperate to sell.

Sorry I'm more of a lurker. I've posted on M3Forum the most out of any. You can cross check my username with the more common BMW/M3 forums and you'll find me on most of them. Here is my M3F profile.

Last edited by chillar15; 10-04-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Kent will become famous soon enough
Beautiful M3

Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 PM
chillar15 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kent
Beautiful M3
Thank you

Old 09-24-2012, 10:44 PM
chillar15 is on a distinguished road
Also, I just received a deposit on the car. It should be gone by the end of this week. In the unlikely case that it's not, I will update the OP accordingly.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:29 PM
phiberoptik is on a distinguished road
man i can't believe it's sold already! give a brother a chance!