Model: Cayenne
Price: $42800
Mileage: 51800
Color: Black with Silver Accents
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

As you may have heard, there were only 600 Transsyberias built for the North American Market, to commemorate Porsche's successful domination in the rally event.

It has the simply outstanding and powerful GTS engine and transmission from the factory, 4.8 liter V8, 405hp, 369 lb ft torque, aluminum alloy engine block and heads, completely stock. Low range gearbox with variable center diff, air suspension with load leveling system, factory on board air system with tire inflation device, PSM, PASM. Front has 13.8 inch vented rotors with 6 piston calipers. Factory sports exhaust system (amazing sound) with factory dual tube tailpipes. Loaded with unique and highly desirable options.

As mentioned, this is the much classier and subtle, and harder to find Factory Original Black with Silver Accents. Most of the marketing materials feature the not-so-subtle Black with Orange Accents.

This was purchased as a single owner vehicle from San Diego Porsche by me in July 2012. It remains under Porsche Factory Certified Pre-Owned Warranty coverage. It has been dealer maintained at all regular intervals by Newport Porsche and I have all those records. Paint shows no signs of fading and looks fantastic.

The only two changes from OEM that I made, were adding the Porsche Design Rear Badging for GTS, as it has the factory equipped GTS engine and transmission, and most consider it a GTS. Could easily be badged as a S again. The dealership sales agreement showed it as a GTS. The other change was installing the Bridgestone KO tires, which are believed to the exact fitment used on the official Transsyberia rally race vehicles. There is a small window glass chip in the front windshield that has been repaired and is out of the line of sight, in the lower middle portion of the window, about two inches from the very bottom. Most would likely not notice, and those that might notice, would not likely be bothered.

Porsche Factory warranty on the comprehensive Certified Pre-Owned program, for up to 100,000 miles or until 9/08/2015. Transferable to new owner with no charge.

Thanks for looking and serious inquiries are appreciated. Long time PCA member. Includes books and keys, and two sets of high quality floor mats, as well as factory cargo area mat.

My cars have sold to the very first person that comes to see them.

This Porsche Transsyberia is exceptionally well optioned as follows:

Cayenne Transsyberia Tiptronic
Black Interior with Alcantara
Bi-Xenon Headlights $2,135
PCM with Navigation $3,300
Heated Front Seats $720
Light Comfort Package / Memory $650
Offroad Technology Package (RARE) $2,640
XM Satellite Radio $750
Universal Audio Interface $440
Side Stripes with model designation
Trailer Hitch $650
Variable Assist Power Steering $270
Offroad Roof Lights (RARE)
Bose Surround Sound System $1,690
Bluetooth Phone Interface $695
Back Up Camera and Parking Sensors (High Quality Professionally Installed and Factory Integrated)
Carbon Fiber Gear Selector $380
Total Original MSRP from Window Sticker $86,095 (Still have original window sticker)

Last edited by GTS Randy; 08-08-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:23 PM
GTS Randy is on a distinguished road
Name:  PandoAdcopy_zpsc245d779.jpg
Views: 7296
Size:  74.1 KB

Name:  Transyber4-14-1327_zpsc25bdc67.jpg
Views: 2855
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  Trans-9280copy_zps4ef29ab9.jpg
Views: 3028
Size:  84.5 KB

Name:  Transyber4-14-1328_zpsa50ae8e9.jpg
Views: 3042
Size:  73.8 KB

Old 07-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Old 07-08-2014, 07:21 PM
ocheadhunter is on a distinguished road
GLWS Randy! I've seen this Transsyberia. It's exactly as it appears in his photos! Someone will be very happy with this vehicle.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by ocheadhunter
GLWS Randy! I've seen this Transsyberia. It's exactly as it appears in his photos! Someone will be very happy with this vehicle.
Thanks Scott. Would love to get this into a nice garage!

Old 07-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Love the OEM white gauge faces, Alcantara steering wheel with control switches, and Alcantara covered seating surfaces.

Name:  Transsyber-3482_zpsf44a045c.jpg
Views: 2882
Size:  56.1 KB

The rare original equipment manufacturer (Porsche OEM) factory light bar option and factory issued Hella lights (with Hella covers, as issued by factory)

Old 07-08-2014, 11:28 PM
If you want a get a sense of the condition of a car, I always take a look at any original stickers or badges. Now, these are the original stickers that were on the vehicle when it was birthed. And the car was not just detailed. I went in my garage and took these tonight. You can see the location of these stickers on the lowest part of the door panels. Highly subject to dirt and rocks and rain. But look, the stickers look fantastic. They are not faded, they are not chipped, they are not scratched. That should give you a sense of the condition of this vehicle.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:28 PM
Here is a close up of the stickers running across the lower part of the doors. And it's also reflecting the taillights from one of my other vehicles in the shiny paint. No sloppy wax caked into the edges of the stickers.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:48 PM
One of the amazing features of the Cayenne Transsyberia is the on board air compressor, which not only lets you inflate your tires anywhere, it also allows you to adjust the ride height and suspension. A total of five different positions.

You can have a Land Rover type crazy height capability or you can lower it significantly for lower center of gravity, better handling, and less aerodynamic drag for better fuel economy. Even lower for heavy loading. Try that with a Jeep Wrangler.

Last edited by GTS Randy; 08-08-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:44 AM
More recent service histories with written Multi-Point Porsche Inspections performed each time and any suggestions performed.

40,000 mile service was completed at Newport Beach Porsche on 2/27/13 (40,925 odometer)

50,000 mile service was completed at Newport Beach Porsche on 3/03/14 (50,378 odometer)

Front Brake Pads and Battery both pro-actively replaced at Newport Beach Porsche on 4/4/14 (51,045 odometer)

Old 07-09-2014, 03:21 PM
This special edition Porsche comes factory equipped with a lot of extras.

Last edited by GTS Randy; 08-08-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:40 PM
This is a true and correct copy of the April 4, 2014 inspection as completed and updated by the Newport Porsche service tech. The updates were done by the technician after I approved new battery and new brakes. I made no marks on this page and have the original.

Last edited by GTS Randy; 07-09-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:12 PM
"As I type these words, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., are buried under nearly three feet of snow, Dallas (which enjoyed its first white Christmas in 83 years) has just gotten nearly a foot of white stuff, and snowball fights have recently broken out in Pensacola, Fla. All of which raises a question: What's the hottest vehicle on the market that can easily negotiate heavy snow and slush?

My vote would go to the 2010 Porsche Cayenne S Transsyberia, the off-road version of its predominantly on-road SUV. The Transsyberia has stats that make it sound more like a Range Rover than a German sport vehicle: maximum ground clearance of nearly 11 inches, towing capacity of 7,716 lbs., the ability to ford a 21-in.-deep stream, etc. Yet it retains the speed and handling of a Porsche."

"It also could soon be a collector's item. As automakers retrench and pare down their product lines, there will be fewer and fewer oddball models like the Transsyberia. With Volkswagen (VOWG) now in control of Porsche, my guess is that the Transsyberia will be dropped as a variant when the new 2011 Cayenne comes out this summer, though off-roading capabilities will continue to be offered as an option. If that happens, it would be worth considering hunting down one of the remaining Transsyberias on the market. For the money, it's the most versatile and fun-to-drive SUV Porsche has made to date." - Source Bloomberg Business Week, article by Thane Peterson 2/23/10

Last edited by GTS Randy; 08-08-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:14 PM
I was asked about the two sets of mats. I don't have any pets (except some fish), but I have the heavy duty trunk mat (that includes the factory tie down cutouts) which I just leave in the trunk most of the time.

I also have the original carpet Porsche floor mats which are still in nice condition. And I swap these out with a set of Lloyd Custom mats that I purchased in 2013, that are durable and include taps to fit the factory holding pegs - factory cut to fit the outlines and provide excellent coverage.

Last edited by GTS Randy; 08-08-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:11 PM
I'll bring the Transsyberia out to the weekly Irvine Cars and Coffee show tomorrow morning at 7am (SAT: July 12, 2014) in case anyone would like to see it in person, or send a friend to check it out.

Although word is that newer "four doors" are often turned away, hopefully the rarity of the Transsyberia will be granted entry.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Rare Porsche Cayenne S TRANSSYBERIA Black w/Silver CPO