Model: 911
Price: $19900
Mileage: 90085
Color: Lapis Blue Metallic
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

I've decided to part with my lapis blue metallic 2003 911/996 Carrera 4 Cabriolet. It's a super fun car to drive, but I now have a company car, so it's languishing. And my 16-year-old is getting ideas about it becoming his.

The vehicle is currently consigned for $19,900 at RMC Motorcars in San Bruno, California, a few miles from the SFO airport. The linked page has the clean Carfax report and more pictures.

I am the third owner, having purchased it from RMC in August 2014 with just under 76k miles. I have all my service records, and most since the second owner got a PPI in January 2005 with 43k miles on it. Here's the significant work from the records:
43kmi / Feb 2005: Engine diagnosed with an RMS leak (presumably the IMS bearing) and replaced. Short shift kit installed, along with full clutch/flywheel replacement.
49kmi / Nov 2006: Upgraded to 18" wheels
50kmi / Jul 2007: PCM replaced
60kmi / Jul 2010: Spark plugs and fuel filter replaced
64kmi / Aug 2011: Serpentine belt replaced
61kmi / Feb 2012: Air pump replaced
85kmi / Mar 2016: Alternator and cable, CV boots, and ignition switch replaced
86kmi / Jun 2016: Windshield replaced
88kmi / Aug 2016: Full brake job
89kmi / Jan 2017: Ignition coils replaced (after P0301 cyl 2 misfire detected)

I have not replaced the IMS in this second engine. However, the engine (with about 47kmi and 12 years on it) shows no sign of IMS failure. I installed the LN Engineering magnetic drain plug about 7500 miles ago, and when the oil was changed in January (less than 1000 miles ago), there were no metal particles visible on the plug. (Unfortunately, I had stripped the hex head out of the LN plug, so the OEM plug is back in it now.)

I have also done some nice convenience upgrades. I installed a Transit BLU HF Bluetooth input to the factory PCM Navigation head unit. I purchased a new wind blocker. I installed the Mods4Cars RemoteTOP and SmartTOP, which allow one-touch control of the top, and allow you to control the top from the key remote. The custom locking Coverking cover, which I used fairly infrequently, is with the car.

I also added a used factory hardtop, which makes it a lot quieter during the 3-4 months out of the year that I left it on. That's not at RMC, but if any forum member purchases the car, they can have it for free. Just send me a PM and we can work out a time.

Happy to answer questions, by PM or here.

Attached Images        

Last edited by The Dad; 06-04-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:20 AM
The Dad is an unknown quantity at this point
Bumping....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.