Model: M5
Price: $16000
Mileage: 133400
Color: Carbon Black Metallic
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): KY
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Up for sale is my 2001 BMW M5. I am the second owner and purchased the car in June of 2015 at 88,246 miles from the original owner. Build date is May 1, 2001. Current mileage is 133,022. Located in Louisville, KY. Car is Carbon Black Metallic with Nappa Black interior. Clean Car Fax. Contact me at b r b l y t h @gmail.com

Price is $16,000.

VIN is WBSDE93431BZ99363.

Link to pictures. Link to CarFax. Link to PDF of maintenance records.

Maintenance:
I have records from the previous owner see PDF above, google sheet summary of the maintenance here. But a quick summary here of the highlights:

-Regular Oil changes from new.
-Several sensors replaced, Camshaft position, O2
-Regular filter changes both engine and cabin
-88k miles replace clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, through-out bearing, rear crankshaft seal and cover gasket, master slave cylinder connections.
-118k miles power steering reservoir replaced, 133k miles power steering hoses replaced and fluid flush.
-Airbag recall complete.
-Driver and passenger window regulators replaced.
-Oil Separator Vent Hoses Replaced
-132k miles complete suspension overhaul performed. Front Sway Bar Links, Center Tie Rod Link, Right and Left Tie Rods, Both Front Tension Struts, Both Front Control Arms, Rear Suspension Guide Rods, Rear Control Arms, Rear Stabilizer Bar Links, Rear Integral Links, Rear Ball Joints and Sway Bar Brackets. All items purchased from FCP Euro so they include a lifetime warranty.
-132k miles Bilstein B8 Struts in Front and Rear, all mounts and bearings for struts replaced and Evolve Intrax Springs (lowers the car slightly and looks great). I arrived at this combo after reading this threadon the site where it was one of the more highly recommended options.
-132k miles New Tires Yokohama Advan Sport A/S on all 4 corners. Wheel alignment performed at this time.
-132k miles Pads (Akenbono) and Rotors (Meyle) on all four wheels.
-133k miles Transmission Fluid Flush

I have kept up with the normal cosmetic issues this car experiences, such as:
-Refinished OEM Style 65 Wheels in shadow chrome (with warranty)
-Rear view mirror repaired by Radar Mirror (with warranty)
-Dead pixels in Instrument cluster fixed (with warranty), cluster trim replaced.
-Front windshield gasket replaced, old rubber was crumbling.

Modifications are minimal: e60 short shifter with ZHP weighted M **** (have originals), BMW weather-tech floor mats and LED Angel/Halo Bulbs installed, GROM Bluetooth installed.

Body work under my ownership:
-I was backed into in a parking lot and it left two small dents in the decklid and two spots on the bumper. Bumper and decklid repaired and painted, new “M” badge and BMW logo installed.
-Recently had the bumper replaced after I was backing out of my driveway and turning the wheel hard to avoid the car behind me and cracked the front right corner on planter by garage door. New OEM bumper installed and painted. Both repairs look great and the orginal damage is included in the picture album.
-There is an entry where the rear bumper and right rear quarter panel were repainted at ~64k miles under the previous owner.

Interior and Exterior Condition:
-Overall condition of the interior is excellent, the leather shows extremely well for an 18 year old car with minor imperfections such as a few cracks in the trim. Headliner has no issues. All buttons function as they should.
-Exterior of the car just received a fresh detail and the paint looks great. A few rock chips are present in the hood and I’ve pictured a few minor dents in the body for scale in the photos.
-I’ve tried to capture the exterior and interior condition of the car accurately with the pictures.
-Driver side mirror has issue with the auto dim and a bubble is present (can be seen in pictures), this mirror can be sent to Radar Mirror for repair but I was advised that it will lose it’s heated functionality. New mirror glass can be purchased, I will work with buyer on what route they would prefer to fix this issue.

Pre purchase inspections are welcome at buyers expense, I can arrange for delivery at shop of buyers choice.

I will include the Peak Code reader and the Bentley repair manuals that I have with the sale of the car.

Last edited by brblyth; 04-05-2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Edit Links
Old 03-29-2019, 11:03 PM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car and you have done a nice job keeping it in great shape. I had the same color in an '03 with caramel interior...still kicking myself for ever trading that car off for the E60 version, which was not as good a car. GLWS...shouldn't take long.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:09 AM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice and well maintained! should go quick! Car and Driver named this car the best sedan ever made and you'll know why when u drive it. GLWS!

Old 04-05-2019, 12:48 PM
brblyth is an unknown quantity at this point
Price drop to $16,000