Model: 911
Price: $56493
Mileage: 97000
Color: Iris Blue
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Get ready from Spring and experience being a fighter pilot on four wheels. With a full glass canopy that opens for open-air cruising, the 993 Targa is unlike any other Porsche before or after. The new “Targa” has the side profile of a coupe, but delivers a totally different driving experience with the sliding glass roof. And of the 993 series, the Targa is some of the rarest. Under 1200 imported to the USA between 1996-1998.

Rare Iris Blue exterior and Blue/Gray interior color combination. Interior materials are all original and in great condition (9 +). The body has had a partial respray (a previous owner) and it looks equal or better than factory. Gorgeous does not truly describe how nice the paint is. Yes, there are a few small paint chips — nothing that would detract from the overall impression.

The Targa sliding glass roof and sun shade work like they should — as well as everything else on the car. Many upgrades that do not detract from the design — Porsche Classic Radio (GPS, bluetooth for phone/music), Rennline interior parts, Fister Stage 2 exhaust, FD Lightweight Flywheel and RS clutch, and more!

UPGRADES :
Porsche Classic Radio — bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming, navigation and more. It looks like it came for the factory like this. I had to restore the wiring and connectors back to original prior to installing the new radio. So if you ever wanted to put in the original radio (if you can find one) it will be plug and play.
New Speakers — Focal PS165 F3 speakers (front) & Polk Audio db461p (rear) hidden under factory speaker grills. The sound is amazing. For the fronts mid and bass speakers I made custom plywood panels to hold the speakers and fit in the existing door panels. Original sound boxes comes with the car for posterity (you cannot get OEM speakers anymore and why would you). Currently bypasses the OEM amplifier (new radio has more power), but you can easily add an amplifier to the system as well.

Racing Touches
Rennline — aluminum front track mats, floorboards, pedal set, door release, ignition and seat control bezels, fire extinguisher mount. Black anodized aluminum adds a nice understated finish. Have all the original parts to bring it back to stock if desired.
Fister Stage 2 exhaust — a sound that enhances the music of the engine. The right amount of loud that even your neighbors will appreciate. Looks stock. Sounds like you are racing in Le Mans!
FDM short shifter + goldenrod kit — same shifting feel as a Singer 911. Very nice. All under the car. Uses the existing OEM shifter.
FDM Lightweight Flywheel/RS clutch kit (92,000 miles) — this is where the magic happens. What a difference from the standard factory flywheel and clutch. Wow! With the Stage 2 exhaust you want to drive the car with the revs between 3,500 - 4,500 rpm all day long. OK maybe even higher!
Wevo C2 SS engine mounts — just the right amount of stiffness. Slightly more NHV than stock.
Walrod front lower control arm bushings — a known weak link of the 993, the Walrods are an amazing transformation to the front end.
K&N engine air filter — to breath better, ideally matched with the LFW upgrade.
Koni FSD shocks — factory spec and just fine for everyday driving.
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (93,000 miles) — great in the dry and wet. Dynamically balanced.

More photos and videos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gM9iyWf3raTEMVxc6

During my three plus year of ownership, I’ve addressed postponed maintenance issues and made some smart and subtle upgrades to enhance the driving experience. A higher mileage car that will need little future maintenance or unexpected trouble. It just needs to be driven! I have all service records during my ownership.

Motivated, let's talk : $56,493 or best offer.

Last edited by will007; 05-30-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:47 PM
will007 is on a distinguished road
Updated price : $56.493 or best offer.

The view and sound from the cockpit is amazing.

Old 06-01-2019, 10:10 AM
dkp993 is on a distinguished road
Good luck selling. I miss mine terribly. Have you listed it on rennlist?

Last edited by dkp993; 06-03-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:50 AM
will007 is on a distinguished road
Thanks! I have not and will do so today.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:55 AM
dkp993 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by will007
Thanks! I have not and will do so today.
Huge 993 community there. That’s where I sold mine too. Good luck.