Price: $92745
Mileage: 19125
Color: Tungsten Silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): SC
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

2005 Aston Martin Vanquish S

This stunning example is finished in Tungsten Silver over hand-stitched Sandstorm leather and alcantara. Powered by a 5.9 liter V-12 with one of the best exhaust notes on the planet, this car stirs all the senses. The Vanquish, designed by Ian Callum, has consistently been voted one of the best looking cars ever, including awards from Edmunds.com (“100 Most Beautiful Cars Ever Made”) and Road and Track magazine. This car features the lighter “2+0” seating configuration, trading the useless back seats for lighter weight and a useful storage area with retractable cargo straps), plus a covered storage compartment.

The ‘S’ Vanquish carries numerous upgrades over the original Vanquish, including a bump to 520hp (versus the original’s 460). New cylinder heads with modified combustion chambers, new fuel injectors, new spark plugs, and new forged-steel connecting rods are features that help account for the power boost. The ‘S’ received as standard equipment the “Sports Dynamics” package, including stiffer suspension springs, lower ride height and new suspension geometry for better handling, a quicker steering ratio and 19-inch lightweight wheels. Brakes are significantly improved with six-piston calipers in the front. Exterior modifications on the ‘S’ included the wider, more curved front grille, a front splitter, and a larger “duckbill” rear spoiler for enhanced aerodynamic stability and less drag.

This car features a 6-speed “automated manual” transmission. It can be shifted either by the steering wheel paddles or in ASM mode to simulate a normal automatic transmission. The electro-hydraulic shift mechanism is the same as that used on the Ferrari 360 Modena, although the Vanquish uses the stronger Tremec transmission underneath. It has a “Wheelspin” mode for driving on slick surfaces, and a “Sport” mode for faster shifts in spirited driving. Standard features include 4 wheel ventilated, grooved disc brakes with ABS, Electronic Brake force Distribution, Dynamic Stability Control, Emergency Brake Control and Traction Control.

Developed from the Project Vantage concept car, the Vanquish features a bonded aluminum chassis mated to a body tub made from extruded aluminum and carbon fiber. Carbon fiber and other composites are used throughout the crash structure of the car for strength and light weight. Body panels are made from superformed aluminum.

The Vanquish (in this same Tungsten color) was featured in the James Bond film “Die Another Day”. The Vanquish was the last of the truly hand-built Aston Martins, assembled at the Newport Pagnell factory, and has earned a place in the impressive history of Aston Martin models.

The car is amazingly comfortable and is a seriously fast and capable grand tourer. We have been fortunate enough to own a number of exotic cars, and this one is my wife’s favorite for being both civilized and beautiful. At shows, this car is consistently the women’s choice as Best in Show. The seats are comfortable for cruising but also terrifically supportive for quick driving. The Linn sound system is impressive, although it struggles to get over the V-12 music if you’re driving fast.

If you’ve shopped Vanquishes, you know how unique this interior is. The majority of Vanquishes have black or gray leather, which deadens the interior. Others have hideously ugly interiors of red, blue or even green. The Sandstorm is elegant and welcoming, and is paired with silver-gray carpets to hide marks and dirt while blending with the Tungsten exterior. I searched for more than a year to find this particular interior as only two were made in this specification. It completely transforms the look of the car and still smells new. There is light wear on the driver’s side bolster that was there when I bought the car. I have a local leather company which can refinish it but wanted to give the new owner the option.

This car has had the whole car covered in paint protection film from the time I got it (approximately 12k miles). The film was done completely custom (not from a template in a film company’s computer), and so the seams and edge lines are beautifully hidden on this car.

There is a medium bronze tint on the side windows and the windshield is fully covered in a clear ceramic window tint. This does an amazing job of rejecting heat and keeping UV rays off of the leather to protect it from drying and discoloring.

Nit picks on this car include a tiny door ding (roughly ¾”) on the driver’s door. The paint is not cracked or chipped and a good paintless dent removal company may be able to fix that. There is light scuffing between the front bumper and the splitter. The passenger side seat tilt lever can come loose, but we’ve never had reason to tilt the seats. There is some fading on the paint on the brake calipers. The airbag dash light is on. The dealer traced the code to a driver’s side seat-belt pre-tensioner sensor, but I have not had the car back to a dealer since to have that fixed. The rearview mirror was recently rebuilt to fix a Vanquish known-issue where the auto-dimming mirror LCD fluid leaks out. If it leaks out of the mirror housing, it can ruin the leather center console underneath, so this car is safe from that now.

I am selling the car to help finance a mountain house for my wife. Dealer and broker inquiries are welcome but I am not looking to wholesale the car. This is an absolutely rare and beautiful car in near perfect condition and I am willing to wait to make sure it goes to a proper home. Pre-purchase inspections are encouraged and I will assist in getting the car to the shop of your choice. Test drives are fine for pre-qualified buyers. Buyer is responsible for transport costs for getting the car. I will help coordinate with pickup, and I know several decent shippers if you want to go that way. Or fly in and drive it home. Nothing like a road trip to get to know your new Aston!

Clean CarFax. Clear South Carolina title is in-hand and car is sold in As-Is Condition with no warranty stated or implied. I can be reached at (843) 870-9999 or charles@carolinasound.com.

Options:
Tungsten Silver Exterior
Sandstorm Interior
Non-Standard Headliner (Sandstorm Alcantara)
Non-Standard Seats (Sandstorm Alcantara inserts)
Linn Audio System with Subwoofer and 6-Disc CD Changer
Red Brake Calipers ($450)
Custom-fitted Noah Indoor/Outdoor Cover ($250)
Exterior Chrome Door Handles
Reverse Parking Sensors
“Clear Bra” paint protection film over the entire car
Medium Window Tint
Clear Ceramic Windshield Tint
Additional plenum cover custom finished in red powder coat

Performance:
520 horsepower
425 lb-ft of torque
0-60mph in 4.2 seconds
0-100mph in less than ten seconds
Top Speed over 200 mph

Vehicle Equipment:

Exterior Features
· Automatic headlight control
· Projector beam halogen headlights
· Folding body-color mirrors
· Rain-sensing windshield wipers w/blade mounted washer jets
· Tinted glass
· Twin bonnet air vents

Interior Features
· 700W Aston Martin premium audio system: AM/FM stereo, CD-changer, (11) speakers
· Alloy trim on doors & dashboard
· Auto-dimming rearview mirror
· Automatic climate control system
· Driver/passenger door pockets
· First-aid kit
· Full grain leather & Alcantara seat trim
· Instrumentation: speedometer, tachometer, fuel level, message center display
· Leather-wrapped tilt/telescopic steering wheel w/paddle shifters
· Peripheral anti-theft protection w/immobilizer
· Power door locks w/remote keyless entry
· Power heated sport bucket seats
· Power windows w/dual 1-touch capability
· Rear window defogger
· Remote trunk/hatch release
· Storage compartments: lockable glovebox, dashboard console
· Tire pressure sensing system w/trunk mounted LED readout
· Trip computer
· Trunk mounted umbrella

Mechanical Features
· 19" x 10" rear alloy wheels
· 19" x 9" front alloy wheels
· 22 gallon fuel tank
· 4.30 rear axle ratio
· 4-wheel anti-lock braking system
· 5.9L DOHC MPFI 48-valve V12 engine
· 6-speed manual transmission: Auto shift mode (ASM) / Select shift manual (SSM) modes, Sport mode
· Battery conditioner
· Battery disconnect switch
· Electronic traction control w/wheel slip protection
· Front/rear independent double wishbone aluminum suspension w/coil springs
· Front/rear stabilizer bars
· Fully catalyzed stainless steel exhaust w/active by-pass valves
· Limited slip differential
· P255/40ZR19 Michelin front tires
· P285/40ZR19 Michelin rear tires
· Power 4-wheel ventilated disc brakes w/electronic brake force distribution (EBD)
· Rear wheel drive
· Speed sensitive power rack & pinion steering
· Twin power train electronic control systems (PTEC)

Safety Features
· 3-point seat belts w/pre-tensioners
· Driver & front passenger airbags w/occupant sensors
· Electronic traction control w/ wheel slip protection
· Front & rear crash structures
· Side-impact door beams

Old 10-20-2019, 01:39 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
All that and one pic?

Old 10-20-2019, 02:10 PM
cgperry is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Griza
All that and one pic?
Ha! Thanks for the reminder. Had some trouble with the site when I was putting the ad up and forgot to check back later. I'll post a few more below, but there's 230+ photos plus CarFax at:

https://bit.ly/2o2zCvB

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-20-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:12 PM
cgperry is an unknown quantity at this point