Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS IPD plenum for 996/997 brand new in box

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:51 AM
KINGS POWER will become famous soon enoughKINGS POWER will become famous soon enough
FS IPD plenum for 996/997 brand new in box

Hi guys, well as many things in life goes, I purchased this IPD plenum for my own personal car, but as some things transpired they didn't work out as I had planned, hence I am selling off my IPD plenum before it even got installed.

Fits 996/997 3.4, 3.6, and 3.8 Normally aspirated

For those who are unfamiliar, if you do a quick search here on 6speed, you will see testimony after testimony as to the huge power gains from using this plenum.

It provides 25RWHP and 22RWTQ on the low average.

I have personally witnessed in excess of 200+ dyno runs at our shop while IPD was here testing, so I know first hand they work, no doubt.

Come steal it from me..

$800.00 shipped in the Cont. USA. (lowest price out there is $994.99)

This must be sold by end of today, if you want it, and can pay immediately, I am accepting REASONABLE offers

714-388-8622

Attached Images    

Last edited by KINGS POWER; 12-05-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:57 AM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
What's the exact model of this plenum? I just want to verify if this will fit since there's a bunch of different model numbers for these plenums, will you ship to Canada via USPS? do you have a Paypal account?

yhmah@interbaun.com

Thanks
Yung

Old 12-06-2008, 09:55 AM
SoCalCFP is on a distinguished road
does it fit the 997 turbo?

Old 12-06-2008, 10:26 AM
KINGS POWER will become famous soon enoughKINGS POWER will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by scubadawg
What's the exact model of this plenum? I just want to verify if this will fit since there's a bunch of different model numbers for these plenums, will you ship to Canada via USPS? do you have a Paypal account?

yhmah@interbaun.com

Thanks
Yung

it is a 96200, 96201, 96202, 96300, 96301 Odd, but these part #'s are all the same unit, they use the same item to cover all these part #'s. I will ship USPS to Canada for an additional $10.00. PayPal is sales@gtpro.com

Old 12-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by SoCalCFP
does it fit the 997 turbo?
no it does not, however if you need a 997 twin turbo plenum, I can get you one at an unbeatable deal. Please PM me.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:45 AM
justjay202 is on a distinguished road
interested.
i'm in brea, ca.
do you still have this part? PM me.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:06 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
Don't they have a red or orange coating on the inside?

Old 12-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by summoboy
Don't they have a red or orange coating on the inside?
Not any longer, they used to on the older ones. ALL the new ones are aluminum color inside.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:58 AM
summoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nicesummoboy is just really nice
OK, I had heard the epoxy or ceramic coating in there smooths the air flow quite a bit.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:33 PM
OK, I had heard the epoxy or ceramic coating in there smooths the air flow quite a bit.
Yes and no. That was their theory, however with some suggestion from someone I know very well (hint hint), the coating was removed and is no longer used. For proper flow and velocity, a very slightly rough surface is far superior to a ultra smooth surface, due to the boundary layer, the boundary layer is the amount of air around the outside edges, if there is too much boundary layer, you will effectively make the opening area smaller, and thereby decreasing the area for laminar airflow.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:34 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
That's why golf ***** have bumps.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:33 AM
golf ***** have dimples to reduce drag and increase accuracy thru the air - but I'm no golfer. For the intake, they must have seen some seperation with the air flow and are trying to turbinate it with a slightly rougher surface..???

Old 12-11-2008, 05:41 PM
golf ***** have dimples to reduce drag and increase accuracy thru the air - but I'm no golfer. For the intake, they must have seen some seperation with the air flow and are trying to turbinate it with a slightly rougher surface..???

Yes, essentially.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:06 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
How do dimples increase accuracy? They certainly don't increase mine.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
How do dimples increase accuracy? They certainly don't increase mine.
I don't claim to be a golf ball expert, but from what I know about them is that due to the dimpled surface, they create a small boundary layer of air, which in turn reduces overall aerodynamic drag. I think there is something on *how stuff works.com* that might be better than my explanation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS IPD plenum for 996/997 brand new in box