Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

X50 engines...SUNCOAST

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 12:34 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
X50 engines...SUNCOAST

Thought I'd pass it along...I was picking up some parts from Sucoast today and noticed they are selling reman'd X-50 engines for 18 large. Full two year warranty and no core charge....

Just thought I'd share it....they are a sponsor and all!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-17-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:39 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
is that the 3.4 996 engine?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
no that's a 996 GT2 Motor...

Old 09-18-2009, 07:30 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Hmmm... I should dump my supercharger and put that in lol

Old 09-18-2009, 07:42 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
A 996tt Motor with the X50 Option code... i.e. K24 Turbos instead of the K16s. Good for a bump from 415 hp to 450...

Big bonus is the K24 will support much higher numbers when used with other aftermarket goodies and you'll already have the K24 side if you want to build something like an 18/24.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:46 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
yeah guys....NOT a GT2 motor!...It is a 996TT motor with, like he said, the X50 option. Bigger turbos and a tweak in tuning.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:05 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
996 TT and GT2 motor are the same.....no?

Old 09-18-2009, 09:26 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
GT2 has some differences... PCNA:

"In 1999, the 993-generation 911 was replaced with the new 996 model. It would be two years before a new GT2 model would arrive, but in that time Porsche had decided to abandon the GT2 for motorsports use, instead concentrating on the new naturally-aspirated 911 GT3.
The new GT2 featured a turbo-charged version of the GT3's 3.6L H6 engine. It featured an output of 462 hp (345 kW), which was later increased to 483 hp (360 kW). Like the 993 GT2, its body differed significantly from those of other 996s; major differences included wider fenders, a more aggressively-shaped nose, and a large rear wing.
The torque curve reaches its top a little higher in the rpm range, there's very little lag in the turbo spool-up. According to a test the 2002 GT2 delivered right-now passing punch even in sixth gear. Despite a 10-millimeter reduction in static ride height over the 911 Turbo, the drag coefficient was slightly higher — 0.34 Cd vs. the Turbo's 0.33 — due to the fixed rear wing."

Old 09-18-2009, 09:31 AM
I might be wrong Heavy, but for some reason I think there might be some small differences in the pistons/rings and valves. Maybe I am just remembering it wrong......I am old as dirt after all!

Old 09-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
mmmm isent a TT, GT3 and GT2 all GT1 Blocks, hence the same Motor...

Old 09-18-2009, 01:43 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Hmmmm. Think I'll pick up a couple out of my petty cash fund.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zookie
mmmm isent a TT, GT3 and GT2 all GT1 Blocks, hence the same Motor...

Same block and same motor are two different things. The GT3 motor is not the same as the TT and GT2. I'm pretty sure the TT and GT2 are the same down to compression ratio, piston etc. If there are any differences, they are minor.

And these are X-50 motors anyways, the X-50 came out after the GT2 and the X-50 has all GT2 components concerning the motor, turbos, IC's etc, or so I thought.

This is all irrelevant anyways, you won't be any better served with a GT2 motor than and X-50. And this is a GREAT DEAL regardless.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:13 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmmmmmmm....so what would it cost (or how many man hours would it take to drop the NA motor on a 996 C4S and replace it with one of these????? Anything else need to be replaced like clutch, etc????

If I do, anyone looking for a 3.6L 996 C4S engine w/ 42K miles???? ;-P

Old 10-05-2009, 05:27 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
well first off youw ould either had to chane the the rear quarters for air ducts for the intercoolers, or somehow fabricate some water ic's.

secondly, you would deffinatley need a clucth, and and im not sure if you would need a tranny swap also , or if yours would work.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Guys,
I bought the other one of these. This not only has the upgraded Oil Pump (like the GT2 specific motor) but it also has the newer case design. You can tell because it says "Made in Spain" on the case...

You will NOT find a better deal on one of these, trust me. It's a steal and I've considered buying the 2nd one as an investment b/c there's supposedly very few of these left and especially at this price (I was told 1 more in Germany but who knows the truth).

This is the same motor that came in the '05 Turbo S's as well... I consider it an upgrade to my original '01 motor that spun a rod bearing awhile back. Not to mention that it comes with a 2 year warranty from Porsche!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: X50 engines...SUNCOAST