Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS: 997 Turbo Decklid Conversion for Regular 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:38 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price: $2500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Turbo, Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo
Location (State): WA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

Bump~

Old 05-13-2013, 07:52 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
To The Top~ Still available!

Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Mkaaes is on a distinguished road
I'd be interested in taking a look at it

Old 05-14-2013, 06:12 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't Sell It & more Info

I agree, don't sell is just because of the attention - isn't that part of the reason we mod our cars and make them unique?

I also wanted to add some information. I installed a Turbo Decklid and spoiler on my wife's 2005 997.1 C2S and I think it looks great on the narrow-body cars since it's still narrower than the car. It is also fully functional just by plugging it into the normal wiring harness connector, which also disables the stock 3rd brake light and enables the one that's built into the upper wing. With the larger turbo wing installed, you can't always see the stock one and in some states it's illegal to have more than 3 brake lights, so it's best just to leave it disabled and not try to make both of them work.

The Fabspeed CAI will not fit unless you modify the location of the central cooling fan from the turbo decklid. The fan's position on the stock decklid is offset slightly to the left, whereas the Turbo's fan is in the center. I have the Fabspeed CAI on my 2005 997.1 C2S RUF R-Kompressor and test fit it to my wife's car as part of the decklid conversion before purchasing a 2nd one, and although it leaves plenty of room down the sides for the hydraulic spoiler rams, the fan from the turbo decklid will make contact with the carbon intake pipe (1 photo of my R-Kompressor engine bay so you can see the offset fan position and carbon air intake position).

There are two intakes that can be used without doing significant modifications to either the decklid or the intake - the full K&N Intake clears and there's actually one of these for sale in this marketplace used. I had installed one of those first but had some CEL issues so I swapped it for the EVOMS version that you see in the photos, which if installed as far left as you can leaves enough space for the right hydraulic ram to pass by it.

In fairness to K&N, I may have installed the MAF sensor backwards, which could be what caused the CEL issues (learned this after making the change to the EVOMS intake and returning the K&N so I couldn't verify if this was the case or not). One thing that I like much better about the EVOMS one is that the pipe that has all the clamps is metal, whereas the K&N is plastic so you can get the clamps on the EVOMS one nice and tight to ensure there aren't any air leaks and don't have to worry about deforming the pipe with too much clamp pressure.

Thought some of this might help those of you looking to do the turbo decklid conversion.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	242315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side Angle.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	307.5 KB
ID:	242316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Bay.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	242317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ram just clearing EVOMS intake box.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	242318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine Bay with 3 Caps.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	377.2 KB
ID:	242319  

Old 05-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by Petza914
I agree, don't sell is just because of the attention - isn't that part of the reason we mod our cars and make them unique?

I also wanted to add some information. I installed a Turbo Decklid and spoiler on my wife's 2005 997.1 C2S and I think it looks great on the narrow-body cars since it's still narrower than the car. It is also fully functional just by plugging it into the normal wiring harness connector, which also disables the stock 3rd brake light and enables the one that's built into the upper wing. With the larger turbo wing installed, you can't always see the stock one and in some states it's illegal to have more than 3 brake lights, so it's best just to leave it disabled and not try to make both of them work.

The Fabspeed CAI will not fit unless you modify the location of the central cooling fan from the turbo decklid. The fan's position on the stock decklid is offset slightly to the left, whereas the Turbo's fan is in the center. I have the Fabspeed CAI on my 2005 997.1 C2S RUF R-Kompressor and test fit it to my wife's car as part of the decklid conversion before purchasing a 2nd one, and although it leaves plenty of room down the sides for the hydraulic spoiler rams, the fan from the turbo decklid will make contact with the carbon intake pipe (1 photo of my R-Kompressor engine bay so you can see the offset fan position and carbon air intake position).

There are two intakes that can be used without doing significant modifications to either the decklid or the intake - the full K&N Intake clears and there's actually one of these for sale in this marketplace used. I had installed one of those first but had some CEL issues so I swapped it for the EVOMS version that you see in the photos, which if installed as far left as you can leaves enough space for the right hydraulic ram to pass by it.

In fairness to K&N, I may have installed the MAF sensor backwards, which could be what caused the CEL issues (learned this after making the change to the EVOMS intake and returning the K&N so I couldn't verify if this was the case or not). One thing that I like much better about the EVOMS one is that the pipe that has all the clamps is metal, whereas the K&N is plastic so you can get the clamps on the EVOMS one nice and tight to ensure there aren't any air leaks and don't have to worry about deforming the pipe with too much clamp pressure.

Thought some of this might help those of you looking to do the turbo decklid conversion.
Thanks for the info. I just feel that it's time to go back to stock since I have had it on my car for a while so I can move on to the next project. There's nothing wrong with the wing and it looks great on my car.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:28 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Kev, that's a killer deal for someone then - LA Dismantlers wants about $4,500-$5,000 for a complete turbo decklid with wing, hydraulics, and the wiring harness.

One question for you and the guys with OEM Turbos - the stock wing lifts up at a certain speed and then retracts at a certain speed. Does the wing on OEM Turbo cars do the same or is the wing always lifted manually with the dash button? Just wondering since I don't think I've seen the wing on my wife's car lift on it's own and I'm wondering if there's something I need to enable with Durametric or if the upper wing is always manually actuated. Thanks and GLWS.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Mine goes up and down at about 80mph

Old 05-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Thanks. I'll check that out.

Pete

Old 05-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Bump

Old 06-22-2013, 06:46 AM
Bump

Old 06-22-2013, 09:34 AM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by K-E-V
Bump
i am interested, please email tphan1994@yahoo.com to discuss.

Thanks.

Old 06-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Speed_force_C4S is on a distinguished road
Very very interested. I'm new and cant PM you just yet. Please send me an email to joelazaro@gmail.com for shipping on this Turbo wing decklid conversion and the GT3 front bumper you have for sale.

Thanks!

Old 06-23-2013, 06:06 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
You can also go with the fixed wing posts if you want it to fit a 997.1, I did this on my OEM 996 turbo wing conversion.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...o-wing-c2.html
Anyone needing a 996 turbo wing PM me.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Bump~

Old 07-13-2013, 07:29 PM
R0B6 is on a distinguished road
Please PM me with $ shipped to 39562.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 997 Turbo Decklid Conversion for Regular 997