Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS: Champion RG5 Forged Monolite Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 11:18 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
FS: Champion RG5 Forged Monolite Wheels

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $2000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 997 Non-Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo, Porsche Boxter/Cayman, Older Porsche
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

SOLD!
Spring Cleaning continues! I have a set of 19” Champion Motorsports RG5 1-piece forged monolite wheels for sale. The wheels measure 19x8 et 49 and 19x10 et 58. These are ultra-light wheels approximately 19lbs front and 20lbs rear. This is a perfect fitment for narrow body 996 and boxsters/caymans. Will also fit 997 NB but I believe you’ll want some spacers to fit well. It may also fit earlier 911s but not sure. You’d need to do your homework on that. Wheels are brilliant silver with a polished lip. Wheels are in great shape overall but do have some minor blemishes including a few stone chips here and there, a small bit of curb rash on two wheels as well as some clear coat coming off the polished lip on two of the wheels. Other than that the wheels look really good and the blemishes are really only noticeable up close. I tried to take pics of the blemishes so you can see. Wheels come complete with tires. Tires are 245/35/19 Pirelli PZero Rosso up front. Rears are 275/30/19 Bridgestone Protenza RE050A. The fronts have approximately 75% tread but one tire has some camber/toe wear on the inner edge. Rear tires have approximately 85% tread left with no camber/toe issue tire wear.

These are RG5 wheels made in the early 2000s. These were made by SAC (Speedline America Corporation) and SAC is stamped into the rim where nowadays you would see Champion. For those that don’t know, when Champion first started to make wheels they were outsourced - in this case to Speedline. They are still authentic RG5 rims. Just thought I would clear that up in case it gets questioned.

UPDATE: I found a small hairline crack in the inner lip of one of the rear rips. I had not noticed it before since it was so small and the tire didn't have the telltale air leak. When I took it in to get repaired and had the tire off we found that the crack did not extend past the bead seat for the tire hence no air leak. I have since had the crack successfully repaired and the tire remounted and balanced. I've added pics to the photobucket link below if you would like to check it out.

Price is $2000 OBO. I prefer to deal locally but willing to ship.

Also I am looking for some wide body fitment wheels so let me know what you got. Would love it if these RG5s fit my 996tt so if you have RG5, RS98 or other similar wheels in WB offset let me know.

More pics here http://smg.photobucket.com/user/juic...0Wheels?page=1

Attached Images     

Last edited by Nor Cal Turbo; 04-14-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: update info in add
Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Turbo
Spring Cleaningcontinues! I have a set of 19” Champion Motorsports RG5 1-piece forged monolitewheels for sale. The wheels measure 19x8et 49 and 19x10 et 58. These are ultra-light wheels approximately 19lbs frontand 20lbs rear. This is a perfectfitment for narrow body 996 and boxsters/caymans. Will also fit 997 NB but I believe you’llwant some spacers to fit well. It may also fit earlier 911s but not sure. You’dneed to do your homework on that. Wheelsare brilliant silver with a polished lip. Wheels have some minor blemishes. A couple of stone chips from the rode, asmall bit of curb rash on a couple of wheels as well as some clear coat comingoff the polished lip on two of the wheels. None of it looks bad unless you are up close looking at the wheels. I tried to take pics of the blemishes. Wheelscome complete with tires. Tires are 245/35/19 Pirelli PZero Rosso up front. Rears are 275/30/19 Bridgestone Protenza RE050A. The fronts have approximately 75% tread butone tire has some camber/toe wear on the inner edge. Rear tires have approximately 85% tread leftwith no camber/toe issue tire wear.

These are earlyRG5 wheels made in the early 2000s. Thesewere made by SAC (Speedline America Corporation) and SAC is stamped into therim where nowadays you would see Champion. For those that don’t know, when Champion first started to make wheelsthey were outsourced - in this case to Speedline. They are still authentic RG5 rims. Justthought I would clear that up in case it gets questioned.
Price is $2500 OBO. I prefer to deallocally but will ship at buyer’s expense.

Also willing to trade for wide body fitment wheels. Would love it if these RG5s fit my 996tt so if you have RG5 or RS98 or similar in WB offset let me know.

More pics here http://smg.photobucket.com/user/juic...0Wheels?page=1
Bummer, your rears are not 19x11 as I'm running 295's (maybe 305's later) on my NB 997.2 ..we're neighbors in SJ

Old 04-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vg247
Bummer, your rears are not 19x11 as I'm running 295's (maybe 305's later) on my NB 997.2 ..we're neighbors in SJ
I know big bummer but If they were 19x11" they would be mounted on my 996tt and not for sale. I had plans to use these wheels on a second Porsche (a Boxster) that I was in the market for but that isn't going to happen anymore. Maybe I'll see you at some local car events (Santana Row or Cars and Caffeine). I'm located in south San Jose. How about you?

Old 04-01-2013, 11:29 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Turbo
I know big bummer but If they were 19x11" they would be mounted on my 996tt and not for sale. I had plans to use these wheels on a second Porsche (a Boxster) that I was in the market for but that isn't going to happen anymore. Maybe I'll see you at some local car events (Santana Row or Cars and Caffeine). I'm located in south San Jose. How about you?
Ah, missed that part NorCal makes two us wanting those RG5 fitments

I'm in Santa Clara and haven't been to any of the social events before. Looking forward to meeting you sometime and seeing you on here.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Bump for price drop

Last edited by Nor Cal Turbo; 04-04-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 AM
gdalton will become famous soon enough
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...5b-wheels.html

Check out this link these wheels will fit your car! Click on the photobucket link for pics. If that dosent work email me at heligarret@yahoo.com.

Good luch with your sale

Old 04-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by gdalton
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...5b-wheels.html

Check out this link these wheels will fit your car! Click on the photobucket link for pics. If that dosent work email me at heligarret@yahoo.com.

Good luch with your sale
PM Sent

Old 04-13-2013, 01:25 PM
All PM's replied

Old 04-14-2013, 08:44 AM
youngturbo19 is on a distinguished road
look mint

Old 04-14-2013, 07:53 PM
sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!