Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FS: JIC/Cross Coilovers for Porsche 996 Turbo

Old 07-07-2007, 02:59 PM
glpdx is on a distinguished road
FS: JIC/Cross Coilovers for Porsche 996 Turbo

I was going to wait until my JICs were actually taken off my Porsche before creating my own thread, but I've been overwhelmed with inquiries from my comment on a different thread. I decided it would be more fair to everyone if I posted them now...

Within two weeks, I am installing some Moton Clubsport Coilovers as part of a $14,000 suspension project on my 996 Turbo S Cab. This posting is for the sale of the JIC/Cross Coilovers that I have on my Porsche now. Here is the my suspension history...

In May 2006, I had a local shop install some Bilstien PSS9s on my Turbo. Within an hour of getting my car back, I concluded I HATED the PSS9s. They were WAY too soft. I felt as if the stability of my suspension was lost. (yes, it was only lowered 25mm) I was a bit desperate because I was leaving for a road trip in two weeks. Long story short, I did research and realized the PSS9s are just too soft for the weight of the Turbo. I scheduled to have Sharkwerks install the JIC Coilovers on my way through the Bay Area during my road trip. The JICs were a 1000% better and I was extremely satisfied with my decision. Both my co-pilot and I agreed the JICs saved the road trip. Even then, however, I knew they were just a stepping stone to the Moton Suspension I'm getting installed now, I just didn't have $12K to spend for the full suspension project I wanted to do eventually.

I'd like to reiterate. If you have $9-14K to spend on a suspension, then Motons are surely the way to go. However, if you are on a budget, then the JICs work extremely well. I am very happy I bought the JICs and would do it again.

So, my JICs have 5000 miles on them, 98% of which are freeway miles from two summer road trips. The only driving my Porsche saw during the long, rainy, Oregon winter was between various garages and car shows. I've pampered my Porsche so much since they were installed, it's almost a sin. They were installed my Sharkwerks and never touched by anyone else. Sharkwerks just inspected them again last month when I had the ride height lowered another a bit more. They are still shiny and in excellent shape. I have the "medium" springs installed (I believe 8kg/12kg). Firm, but not too stiff. The ride is right where it should be, in my opinion.

I'm asking $2,100 plus shipping. I'm going to leave them on the market until full payment is received. If something goes wrong or if they are broken during removal, of course, full payment would be immediately returned.

With the number of inquiries I've already had, posting this early "pre-removal sale" gives members one more option to consider when shopping for a suspension. I feel okay posting these for sale even before they are off because the only miles that will be put on these JICs before removal will be driving to the shop. My best guess for availability is the week of the 16th - 20th, but it could be the following week. Once they are ready, I'll pack them up very carefully and send them on their way ASAP.

Last edited by glpdx; 07-07-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:08 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
My friend will take them PM sent!

Old 07-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Glenn,
Good luck on the sale, you have been very helpful to me on my decision. I would have picked yours up, but I'm thinking I want to get the lighter spring set.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:27 PM
glpdx is on a distinguished road
Sale in process.