6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Any Spur Problems To Report? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/114654-any-spur-problems-report.html)

Gcalo 01-16-2008 06:43 PM

Any Spur Problems To Report?

I am curious if anyone has encountered any problems (major or minor) with his/her Spur?

I am particularly interested in an 06 model since I see so many of them available now which concerns me but which indicates that this might be becoming a good time to buy.

So I am directing my request to any/all 06 Spur owners.

And for those who own them, would you buy the car again?

Many thanks in advance.

DynamicMotoring 01-16-2008 08:56 PM

A guy in town brings his in for all his oil changes and minor service, and we havent heard of any problems yet. I think he has around 9k miles now, and seems to run great.

Nico 01-17-2008 01:49 AM

had ours for a year now and get ready to laugh, it has not had any problems BUT only has 27xx miles! hahaha talk about garage queen

msindi 01-17-2008 09:40 AM

My dad had his for a while now (approx. 2 years) with NO ISSUES whatrsoever...

Only issue: also a garage queen with 2K miles!!

Gcalo 01-17-2008 10:37 AM

Good responses. Thanks.

What's up with fuel mileage?

Stryke 01-17-2008 01:11 PM

I have a GT, not a spur but similar reliability I'd imagine. Have not had it long enough to comment on the reliability but the gas mileage is the worst I've ever seen on any car but who cares?? :)

Gcalo 01-17-2008 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Stryke (Post 1615791)
---the gas mileage is the worst I've ever seen on any car but who cares?? :)

Always good to get an idea of what the overall car experience is like.

Jason A 01-19-2008 12:49 PM

Gas is horrible........... That being said its an amazing car and out of all of the Spurs I have sold not a single one has ever had a problem. Actually funny story about the first Spur I ever sold. One of my best customers (Young Flashy Guy) Tommy Traded in his GT on 22"s for the Spur. I was taking his spur to get gas for him and came back an hour later. He asked where the hell I had been and I told him the truth. I met a girl at the gas station that loved the car and I took her back to her place :-) Needless to say the only reason he was upset is because I got ass in the Spur before he did! Since then he has traded into a diffrent spur then a Phantom and now a Maybach.

Gcalo 01-19-2008 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jason A (Post 1620505)
Gas is horrible........... That being said its an amazing car and out of all of the Spurs I have sold not a single one has ever had a problem. Actually funny story about the first Spur I ever sold. One of my best customers (Young Flashy Guy) Tommy Traded in his GT on 22"s for the Spur. I was taking his spur to get gas for him and came back an hour later. He asked where the hell I had been and I told him the truth. I met a girl at the gas station that loved the car and I took her back to her place :-) Needless to say the only reason he was upset is because I got ass in the Spur before he did! Since then he has traded into a diffrent spur then a Phantom and now a Maybach.

Great story! Always pays to have a back seat!!!

So define horrible.

My CL500 was to get about 22 MPG but on the freeway at decent speeds it gets 27-28.

So I read the Spur could see 23 mpg. Any reality to that?

It's the old story. I can afford the car but not the gas, and with 91 at $3.60-$4.00 per gallon in Nor Calif that can add up!

Oh, and I want the back seat because I like the look of the 4 door and have to transport people sometimes!!!

TTurbonegro 01-19-2008 02:10 PM

91 ?? no 93-94 in cali ???

Gcalo 01-19-2008 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by TTurbonegro (Post 1620698)
91 ?? no 93-94 in cali ???

The clean air freeks won't allow it!

I did once get 92 octane at a Union 76 station in San Juan Baptista on the way to the Concorso in Monterey, but that is very unusual.

A few stations sell 100 at about $6-$7/gallon but it's of no value if the ECU is not optomized for it.

BBGT2 01-19-2008 03:26 PM

My bro has a 06 and has 15k miles on her, no problems. When not driven enough you will get flat spots on tires.
Only warranty work done since he had it (original owner) seat trim peace fell of 3 times, remote trunk broke. Thats it.
Tough cars no doubt, as he is VERY tough on his vehicle.

Jason A 01-19-2008 03:30 PM

Yes it does always Pay To have a backseat! I honestly dont think your gona see 23MPG around town. Then again I use these cars when my customers allow it or when I am taking one of the cars in stock out for the weekend..... Im sure someone else who actually owns the car can chime in.

Originally Posted by Gcalo (Post 1620527)
Great story! Always pays to have a back seat!!!

So define horrible.

My CL500 was to get about 22 MPG but on the freeway at decent speeds it gets 27-28.

So I read the Spur could see 23 mpg. Any reality to that?

It's the old story. I can afford the car but not the gas, and with 91 at $3.60-$4.00 per gallon in Nor Calif that can add up!

Oh, and I want the back seat because I like the look of the 4 door and have to transport people sometimes!!!

Gcalo 01-19-2008 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jason A (Post 1620841)
Yes it does always Pay To have a backseat! I honestly dont think your gona see 23MPG around town. Then again I use these cars when my customers allow it or when I am taking one of the cars in stock out for the weekend..... Im sure someone else who actually owns the car can chime in.

BBG2,

Good to know about the car's reliability. I get flat spots on the tires of my CL500 as I rarely drive it. Less than 11K miles in a little over 4 years!

Jason,

My driving would be mostly freeway such as Nor Cal to La Jolla (San Diego area), Monterey, etc, but maybe a little bit of local. I would not expect great mileage from local driving though.

I do have other cars for local driving, however.

My 06 530i gets nearly 31 mpg at 65 on the freeway! I would not expect that from a Bentley, but everything learned about a vehicle of interest is valuable.

liftingismylife 01-19-2008 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jason A (Post 1620505)

hilarious great story jason! customer must like you verrrry much being that patient!