Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Flying Spur SPEED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Flying Spur SPEED

Hey all, just wondering if anyone here has gone from a F.S. to a F.S. SPEED. I have an 07 spur and was thinking about making the change. Just wanted to hear some advice from someone who has a SPEED. Likes, dislikes, etc.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Don't know anything about that but I just got an e-mail the other day from Bentley/Champion saying a number of cars were "agressively" priced and there were 3 2009 FS Speeds in the listing. Tempting, very tempting ...

Old 06-25-2009, 11:54 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dinorocz
Hey all, just wondering if anyone here has gone from a F.S. to a F.S. SPEED. I have an 07 spur and was thinking about making the change. Just wanted to hear some advice from someone who has a SPEED. Likes, dislikes, etc.
I haven't driven the FS but I have driven the cgt and cgt speed. (Im currently looking for a cgt to buy, so I've really been researching).

The difference between the two were actually really interesting. I swear, the speed feels about 500 lbs lighter than the non speed. I think thats due to the different wheels/tires, suspension adjustments...but they made a noticeable difference. The biggest difference though is definitely the added torque (more so than the power). The speed really feels FAST...like holy flying **** off a shovel fast. Not that the normal cgt/fs isnt fast (obv its fast enough, as thats what Im looking at), but the speed really made the car feel alive. The speed also revs faster/more briskly than the cgt.

But...is it worth it? If you get a deal on one, absolutely yes, no question. If its going to be more than a 25k swing, I would say no. There is a cgt speed at my porsche dealer with 28k miles (yikes) but its going for 130 or so. The fs has lower resale, so you may be able to find one for near that in a couple months or so.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sechsgang
I haven't driven the FS but I have driven the cgt and cgt speed. (Im currently looking for a cgt to buy, so I've really been researching).

The difference between the two were actually really interesting. I swear, the speed feels about 500 lbs lighter than the non speed. I think thats due to the different wheels/tires, suspension adjustments...but they made a noticeable difference. The biggest difference though is definitely the added torque (more so than the power). The speed really feels FAST...like holy flying **** off a shovel fast. Not that the normal cgt/fs isnt fast (obv its fast enough, as thats what Im looking at), but the speed really made the car feel alive. The speed also revs faster/more briskly than the cgt.
But...is it worth it? If you get a deal on one, absolutely yes, no question. If its going to be more than a 25k swing, I would say no. There is a cgt speed at my porsche dealer with 28k miles (yikes) but its going for 130 or so. The fs has lower resale, so you may be able to find one for near that in a couple months or so.
Well the FS speed only came out for MY09, which is making it difficult to find used. I really dont want to buy brand new and take the ridiculous hit. I am getting a good number on my 07 FS, but cant locate a used FS SPEED. I also dont want to wait so long, since my car is coming off its warranty soon. FYI to warranty the car for another year is $4300, LOL.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dinorocz
Well the FS speed only came out for MY09, which is making it difficult to find used. I really dont want to buy brand new and take the ridiculous hit. I am getting a good number on my 07 FS, but cant locate a used FS SPEED. I also dont want to wait so long, since my car is coming off its warranty soon. FYI to warranty the car for another year is $4300, LOL.
wow...I mean, then your definitely looking at an atleast 60k expense for the flying spur speed...eh, I would say to just keep yours and get the warranty. If you want the performance, you can always just get the GIAC chip and make more power than the speed would anyway. The only reason I looked at the speed I did was it was at that price.