Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

rear cupholder slider stuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 02:50 AM
dxn
dxn is on a distinguished road
rear cupholder slider stuck

The rear slider panel over the cupholders on my 05 CGT got stuck and looks like some of the bars have fallen down somewhere. Anyone know how get access to that part to pull them out?

Thanks.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:56 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Wish i could help as have studied the cupholder section. Why? Because it is so well sealed that i use the front one as a cigar humidor. Not sure how to access the cup holder section if you can not slide open the lid. Not even sure if/how to remove the lid off it's 'tracks'. Suggest calling a dealer and see if their service facility knows of some protocol. Wish i knew more.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
got any pictures of the cup holder issue?

Old 04-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
Mine has been stuck open since I got the car, I just have the armrest over it.

So any pointers would be great.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:23 AM
dxn
dxn is on a distinguished road
No pictures yet. It's just stuck open. I can get it partly closed but it looks like a bunch of the bars are definitely down in the void below.
Looks pretty hard to get back there.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:49 PM
fencera will become famous soon enoughfencera will become famous soon enough
Hey, hope this helps...

Open up internet explorer and go to bentleytechinfo .com. Make up an account and make sure to change the browser security settings to allow active x controls (the site has a help pdf on how to get your settings right if you have trouble).

On the left side, you'll continental 2004 MY. Click that and follow the webassist link.

You are now looking at the same service manual/software dealers use. Pub index-- workshop info-- body and trim-- trim panels and sound deadening-- rear center console? Who knows... just look and poke around there until you find what you need. It's pretty easy to find info, but until you know your way around, it can take a while to find exactly what you need!

good luck