Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Front license plate / tow hook location?

Old 03-16-2012, 04:53 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Nice looking frame indeed, but the side view makes me wonder whether it will flap and hit the bottom at speed. Do you think it might?

BTW, we could be designer twins - I have the union jack on my garage wall too, but mine is about three times the size

Old 03-16-2012, 10:15 AM
eric777 is on a distinguished road
I thought the same thing when I saw pics of the product on the website.

Once I received the product, and installed my license plate and a metal license plate frame, I realized that everything meshed together and created a 100% rigid surface.

I was planning on putting rubber "bumpers" on the backside of my license plate frame, but I now believe that would be totally useless. I cannot see any scenario where the license plate would tilt back and rub on the lower grill/bumper, even at highway speeds.

I will admit that I have only driven with the front plate for a few days, and my plan is to not have it on all the time - the front of the car looks better without a front plate. But, there will be times when I need a front plate, and when I do, I am 100% sure that this is the best way to accomplish that.

Old 04-23-2021, 11:59 AM
Daniel 08 Speed is an unknown quantity at this point
Eric are these still made? I need one for the front for Texas.

Old 05-02-2021, 08:28 AM
EJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud of
Ditto. I have a no drill front setup, but this looks like a much better solution.

Here is the link to my thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-bracket.html

Old 05-03-2021, 08:27 AM
trottier.ed is on a distinguished road
You are correct. Tow hook is located behind front grill piece on passenger (R) side of car. "Pop out" the grill piece and you see "female" threaded opening for tow hook. NOTE: Mine is '05 Conti GT.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:44 AM
trottier.ed is on a distinguished road
NO designer includes a front license plate in his/her exterior sketches. Thus, they are an abomination to the Marque. Living and driving in Peoples' Republik of Maryland, soon to follow Virginia (both REQUIRE front plate) since graduation in '73 with my '66 Healey 3000 MKIII, '73 2000 Alfa Spider Veloce, Merkur XR4ti, '96 Impala SS, Porsche 928 (X2), Ferrari 400iGT, Mazda 3, I have been stopped and ticketed one (1) time (in about 30 years). It is an "equipment" violation that you must show you repaired. I think I just "wired" on a plate underneath and got MD Inspection station to sign off. In VA, once got stopped (routine License/Reg check for illegal aliens, I figure) and Trooper asked where my front plate was. Answer..."Aw geez...likely on garage floor where I park it...it "bumps off" sometimes." (No Ticket) NOT required in SC (residence), N. Carolina, GA, FL, or DE, plus some more. I once asked Comrade Gov. Tim Kaine (VA) about it. "Well, Troopers support it for law enforcement." I guess Troopers in N/S Carolina are "sharper." Some new car dealers will just leave bracket/hardware on front seat...not wishing to deface a "work of art."