Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Cleaning Honey Comb Plastic Grill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:24 AM
gliozzi is on a distinguished road
Cleaning Honey Comb Plastic Grill

Anyone out there has a fast procedure in cleaning the grill,short of having it done?

bob

Old 03-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Micro fiber and pinky finger till sore as all get out

When you do get it clean and free of spots keep it that way. First thing after wash and rinse is blow that sucker dry immediately.

My answer is no, no quick or easy way to polish.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:16 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
My answer is no, no quick or easy way to polish.
Agreed. It is not easy to fully clean by cloth, toothbrush or ????

Old 03-29-2012, 01:37 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I feel a business idea coming on... a square bristle brush combined with a square slab of microber behind it to fit the holes perfectly. Maybe even 6 clumped together for speedcleaning (SuperSports only).

Let's see... if there are 40,000 CGT's made, and 3 out of 4 owners are OCD, that's 30,000 sales at say, $300 each (with Bentley logo on to push exclusivity). We can outsource manufacturing to China for say 39c each... that's a profit of - umm, enough for a jet. Hey, this is better than Apple stock!

Who wants to dib in $3 million a head to start it off?

And so, vast fortunes begin...

Last edited by kensilver; 03-29-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Ken you already work for Bentley don't you?

Charge extra for the SS Speed-cleaner.LMFAO!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:09 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Ken you already work for Bentley don't you?...
Only in spirit - they can't afford me

Old 07-17-2012, 11:10 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
If you can wear some terry cloth like gloves that absorb water, you can use your four index fingers on both hands to clean eight openings of the plastic grill at one time. And you can probably do the same if you want to polish it. The point is that you do eight openings at once versus one by one.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:30 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Does anyone know if the grill is chrome plated or molded plastic only?

Thanks
J

Old 07-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by jc_333
Does anyone know if the grill is chrome plated or molded plastic only?

Thanks
J
Good question but it feels like plastic to me.

I cleaned mine again last week and my fingers were sore. It was suggested that I use four fingers at a time but not all my fingers are the same size. Only my pinky in a good fit.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
I hate bugs!

Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
I hate bugs!
What, pray tell, do you even know about bugs living in So. Ca.?????

Last night I stepped outside onto the front porch to let the dog back in and the noise of the bugs was awful. I could barely hear the bullfrogs for the insects.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:28 PM
:d
Originally Posted by dr.disaster
what, pray tell, do you even know about bugs living in so. Ca.?????

Last night i stepped outside onto the front porch to let the dog back in and the noise of the bugs was awful. I could barely hear the bullfrogs for the insects.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Back to this question of there grill. Am I mistaken or have I read somewhere in the Bentley propaganda that this isn a pedestrian friendly grill???

If so does any one really think you could hit a guy at 45mph and this cool, well designed grill will leave him in good health?

Side note: My wife almost hit two deer the other day in a section of road that I sometimes "get on it".

Old 07-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Back to this question of there grill. Am I mistaken or have I read somewhere in the Bentley propaganda that this isn a pedestrian friendly grill???

If so does any one really think you could hit a guy at 45mph and this cool, well designed grill will leave him in good health?

Side note: My wife almost hit two deer the other day in a section of road that I sometimes "get on it".
I think my Bentleys have been metal. They have been chrome. I have developed a procedure that seems to work just fine on these chrome ones. I don't know about the black ones.

The method I use to clean the chrome grill is to use a pressure washer (low pressure at 1,800 psi) with a 25 degree tip. Then I use the soap dispenser on the pressure washer to coat them with the soap dispenser tip. Then pressure wash the soap off using a 40 degree tip. Then rinse them with the CR Spotless watering system where the rate of flow is 3.625 gallons/minute. Then I use a 4.0 hp Air Force Blaster to remove the water.

The reason I believe this works is because (1) the pressure washer will probably get off all of the larger particles, (2) the soap will emulsify most of the scum, (3) the pressure washer rinse will blast off the emulsified scum, (4) the CR Spotless water will be aggressive in dissolving any remaining small particles that reside in the pores of the grill (talked to Chuck at CR Spotless about this) and (4) the blower will get the water off before airborne contamination has a chance to combine with any remaining water droplets. It is also important to perform this procedure between .65 and .85 hours after an early morning rain because this is when the level of airborne contamination is at its lowest point and the humidity has had a chance to come down some.

Last edited by Grwisher; 07-19-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:27 PM

Getting hit with a two and a half ton will not be fun at any speed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cleaning Honey Comb Plastic Grill