Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

check oil level

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 01:05 AM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
check oil level

the warning light check oil level is on.check the dip sick and fill 1L.the warning still on.and fill 2Liter now.light still on..but the dip stick on Max level.don't want to damage the engine.but i should fill again or let the warning light on??

read the manuel said::so i should keep fill more to try??
(((not necessary to top-up oil, unless the warning message check oil level and the relevant warning symbol...))

Last edited by ccwboy; 05-25-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:55 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
If you added oil and dipstick says full, my gues is you are ok BUT i'll call the service center as:

engine (minus) - oil = very bad

engine (plus) + too much oil = bad

If you know someone with a ODB reader or the VAG-COM system (local VW dealership) they can have a better look at the error code.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:34 AM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
yes dipstick says full.i think the sensor error or something.gonna go to service as well.

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
If you added oil and dipstick says full, my gues is you are ok BUT i'll call the service center as:

engine (minus) - oil = very bad

engine (plus) + too much oil = bad

If you know someone with a ODB reader or the VAG-COM system (local VW dealership) they can have a better look at the error code.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:53 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ccwboy
yes dipstick says full.i think the sensor error or something.gonna go to service as well.
That seems to make sense.

Old 06-06-2015, 02:36 PM
flittlejr is on a distinguished road
I don't trust lies so today I was going to check oil level manually. Pulled dipstick but all it has is yellow dot on end. There was nothing on it. Is the full when touches yellow dot? Service done 5K ago.