Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

"fuel System Fault Contact Workshop"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 06:07 AM
wingedone is on a distinguished road
"fuel System Fault Contact Workshop"

While driving home after taking delivery of my new 2013 GTC, this message appeared. Its been at the dealer since last thursday. the techs there have never seen this warning before and sent this message and codes back to the factory for a response on how to fix/repair the issue.... has anyone had this message come up or does anyone know how to fix this? how serious is it? the car drives fine.

Wingedone

Old 05-28-2012, 10:46 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm... this is something I have never seen on the Bentley boards. Sounds like something new with the new cars perhaps? Could simply be a one-off situation.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:06 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
This comment will not be helpful be warned.

The message instructs to contact the workshop. It does not tell you to fix anything or that there is really a problem. You have done that so on your way, g'day.

I know I am wearisome.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
You are under warranty. Take the vehicle back to the dealership and let them diagnose and repair. I wouldn't touch a thing.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 PM
wingedone is on a distinguished road
Well, i got that faithful call yesterday saying the car was fixed and come pick it up. when i arrive to the dealer they had just finished detailing the car and it looked awesome. the tech told me the problem was a loose grounding wire. so i was relieved that it was noting more than that and off i went.

10 minutes into my ride home, that darn warning flashed on again . man i was mad!! i called the dealer and they said for me to bring it back or we will come and pick it up, and that there was no rush as this warning is not to serious. i was really bummed out!!

when i started up the GTC this morning, to my surprise no warning light. so i am thinking what is going on here. for the entire drive to the office i was just waiting for that warning to flash, and to my surprise it never did. i imagine there has got to be something going on more than just a loose ground... stay tuned...

wingedone

Old 06-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
That's a bummer. I hate little electrical gremlins. When you are still under warranty, it's all gravy. When you are off that warranty, electrical problems can be nightmares. Hope everything gets sorted out.