Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Window Lift \ Rear light fuse blowing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Black Label is on a distinguished road
Window Lift \ Rear light fuse blowing

Hi,

I am new to this forum, I have been reading multiple threads and have found the information very useful.

I am currently having problems with my Bentley, the front and rear windows have stopped working. On checking the fuses I found that the window lift\rear light fuse keeps blowing. This has only just started to happen. Once i replace the fuse and start the car the window work fine however as soon as i place the car into drive the windows fail to go up and down and the reverse lights stop working.

Anyone seen or heard of this before, if so, any news on resolution?

Bentley Arnage Mulliner Black Label T2

Old 08-08-2012, 09:12 PM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
I guess the fuse for the window and rear light are the same?

Check rear light housing for any signs of rust, shorting out or water damage. Sounds to me the rear light is shorting out thus blow fuse which also controls window life.

J

Old 08-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Hi jc_333

Thanks for the advice.

I checked the housing and there are no signs of rust. I replaced the 10 amp fuse, flicked the car in to reverse and the reverse lights worked, tested the windows and funnily enough the windows worked however they both stopped working again.

There is no rust around the housing, i even replaced all the bulbs. I noticed that there is also a fuse, i cant remember the amp, in the rear fuse box which is fine.

I want to try and avoid taking a trip to the dealers and UK Bentley advised a charge of £110 for diagnostics.

All other fuses are fine and all other electrics work fine, funny how this has just started.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Umm...strange indeed.

I would change the rear fuse to be sure as it could be faulty. If possible check the window connectors for signs of corrosion and ecu for water ingest.

J

Originally Posted by Black Label
Hi jc_333

Thanks for the advice.

I checked the housing and there are no signs of rust. I replaced the 10 amp fuse, flicked the car in to reverse and the reverse lights worked, tested the windows and funnily enough the windows worked however they both stopped working again.

There is no rust around the housing, i even replaced all the bulbs. I noticed that there is also a fuse, i cant remember the amp, in the rear fuse box which is fine.

I want to try and avoid taking a trip to the dealers and UK Bentley advised a charge of £110 for diagnostics.

All other fuses are fine and all other electrics work fine, funny how this has just started.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Swflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura about
have you found a solution to this yet? if not what year is the vehicle? ill see what i can dig up im very interested in this.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Bit of a late response since my last post, my bad.

Ok, so replaced the rear fuses relating to window lifts and the same problem. When the car is in Park the windows go up and down however when you then dip it into Drive that's it the fail to go and down but at the same time the reverse light stop working. All other electrics work fine.

I am currently waiting for an auto electrician to have a look.

The car is a 2005 Bentley Arnage Mulliner T.

I would love to know what the problem is without a Manufacturer lashing me.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:02 AM
Any news on this?

Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Swflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura about
im very sorry between work family and a recent trip to Disney i haven't had much time for the forums. i did look over the schematic and there are quite a few circuits that are involved. making it difficult to take a good guess without being there and able to put a meter on it myself. but as the poster above said check for any obvious signs of corrosion. im guessing it has something to do with the shifter and the PRNDL switch as everything works until the vehicle is placed in drive. if you are good with a DVOM then pm me your email ill see if i can get you a wiring diagram sometime this year.