Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Adjustable side bolsters on CGT seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 05:44 PM
carter333167 is on a distinguished road
Adjustable side bolsters on CGT seats?

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone could help me with a quick question----do the seats for any of the CGT models have adjustable side bolsters?

If not, do the seats fit fairly snug and comfortable for a skinny person?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 11-17-2012, 12:07 AM
vigoureux is on a distinguished road
No It seems I follow all sub-forums lol
I actually checked out a 2012 today, it didn't have adjustable side bolsters.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:13 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Carter,

Good questions and in the 2006 here it is fine. i tend to go between a 31 and 35 inch waist and the side bolsters are fine and snug, but not overly so. Am never 'loose and slidy' in the seats during normal and 'spirited' drives.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by vigoureux
No It seems I follow all sub-forums lol
I actually checked out a 2012 today, it didn't have adjustable side bolsters.
Thanks! How'd you like the seats relative to the seats in the 2010 and earlier?

They are advertised as a new seat (maybe new in 2011)---called a "Cobra" seat.

Last edited by carter333167; 11-17-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Carter,

Good questions and in the 2006 here it is fine. i tend to go between a 31 and 35 inch waist and the side bolsters are fine and snug, but not overly so. Am never 'loose and slidy' in the seats during normal and 'spirited' drives.
Thanks for your thoughts! I was having this discussion in another thread with vigoureux. One aspect of ergonomic design that BMW and MB have perfected is their seats. BMW first got it right in about 2006 and MB has followed suit. IMO, the seat is an underrated component of the whole car....it can really contribute to the entire enjoyability of the total car if done correctly....as can interior ergonomics in general.

Unfortunately, I feel that BMW has allowed numerous other areas of their design to drop significantly so I am looking elsewhere for a daily driver....mainly to Porsche and Bentley (think I've ruled out AM for the time being). I drove a QP and liked most aspects of the car but really disliked the seats so passed on it.

Last edited by carter333167; 11-17-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:04 AM
vigoureux is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by carter333167
Thanks for your thoughts! I was having this discussion in another thread with vigoureux. One aspect of ergonomic design that BMW and MB have perfected is their seats. BMW first got it right in about 2006 and MB has followed suit. IMO, the seat is an underrated component of the whole car....it can really contribute to the entire enjoyability of the total car if done correctly....as can interior ergonomics in general.

Unfortunately, I feel that BMW has allowed numerous other areas of their design to drop significantly so I am looking elsewhere for a daily driver....mainly to Porsche and Bentley (think I've ruled out AM for the time being). I drove a QP and liked most aspects of the car but really disliked the seats so passed on it.
QP was the least hugging seat of the cars we mentioned here and in the other thread as far as I can remember (I had the QP back in 06). And the GT's seat felt almost the same to me (Again I had the GT in 06). They might have tweaked them a bit but not a huge difference to make me feel it.

In the meantime, if you're looking for a weekend fun, go to a Maserati dealer and check out the 2013 Granturismo Sport. Not 2012. 13s have a brand new seat that is supposed to be really good. I haven't seen it in person yet.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:28 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, what is servicing costs on a Maserati nowadays? Originally it was near that of a Ferrari(!); so hopefully costs have greatly come down now that they know the Maser doesn't hold value like a Ferrari. Not ragging on Maser per se, yet best automotive decision i made in the last decade or so is bailing out from buying a new Maser, the depreciation is shocking!