Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Jewel Fuel Filler Cap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 10:49 AM
jmejones is a jewel in the roughjmejones is a jewel in the roughjmejones is a jewel in the rough
To my amazement, I too am the owner of a Bejeweled gas cap. I'm in the cool crowd now.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Buddilly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jmejones
To my amazement, I too am the owner of a Bejeweled gas cap. I'm in the cool crowd now.
Just don't let it drop and hit the car!!! Wish there was a slightly better holder for it while I'm filling up...

Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Never gave either cap much thought until... GT has regular and the GTC now here has jeweled. Yes, the jeweled is far nicer and already debating getting the uprated shift ****.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:06 PM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Just do it!

One seller on eBay who has three but asking 850 a pop.

J

Old 07-13-2013, 04:44 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
$850 is too high and as I recall the leather color they have is not correct for the car here. Color me a very patient man as love eBay and got a set of B rims for $800/set there. Patience is rewarded.

Old 09-03-2016, 01:28 PM
bentley toy will become famous soon enough
I know this is an old thread but I have to add my 2 cents. Such an elegant gas cap. Bentley is to be commended and now there is also an upgrade from the brushed finish to bright chrome. How nice. HOWEVER, that said you would think that such a high end vehicle would have had something other then a crap piece of plastic attaching it to the body and will eventually (as it did to me) break with all the weight hanging off that little door hook. AND (as in my break off event) it can when breaking off and DROP on to the body resulting in a nice little dent which required some paint-less dent removal for an addition slap to the wallet. How hard would it have been to use a nice stainless cable sleeved in rubber to insure an event like this would not occur. This just happened yesterday by the way and I will not be replacing the cap (can't replace the plastic lanyard anyway) but instead will design and implement a stainless cable with a rubber sleeve to protect the surrounding paintwork. What a great idea, wish I had thought of it. Lol. Great set of wheels though, I will say.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:47 PM
JimBT is on a distinguished road
I just read this thread, and until reading I always let my Jewelled filler cap just dangle carefully on the body of the car, as I could never work out how it attached to the little plastic hook..
Just went the car no and tried hooking it on the inner threaded and it works great.

I think many Bentley owners have no clue as the manual is not clear.

BTW $850 is a steal for a jewelled cap. Lamborghini would require $1,500 to replace the cap on my Gallardo...

Old 09-05-2016, 08:12 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
that stock cap does look like garbage.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by JimBT
BTW $850 is a steal for a jewelled cap. Lamborghini would require $1,500 to replace the cap on my Gallardo...
$350 is about what it's worth at most. As for Lambo pricing, still a VW Group product so yeah priced accordingly.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:44 PM
So yesterday after some contemplation on a re-design I made what I thing is a permanent fix to this disaster waiting to happen. For about $5 in materials which included a 12 inch piece of 1/16 stainless cable, aluminum cable crimps and some black heat shrink, future failure of the gas cap lanyard is a thing of the past.

This is the problem.

And this is my fix
Stainless cable covered in shrink wrap.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:44 PM

Old 09-05-2016, 01:45 PM

Old 09-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Well done Bentley Toy!

Old 09-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
I wish I hadn't read this post now, I will never look at my plastic fuel filler cap in the same way again Lordy lordy lordy I hope I forget it quickly.

Old 05-15-2021, 01:19 AM
AlistairD is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to revive an old thread.... and to cause angst for those of us without the Jewel Filler Cap....

I see that there are now several versions but it's not clear to me if they are 'backward' compatible?

I have a UK early 2010 GT (so pre update of the info unit.) Would the latest Jewel fuel cap work which look like these?

Or will I need one like this?

Mine is the '3 click type'

Thanks...

A

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jewel Fuel Filler Cap