Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

CGT is a BIG car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
[quote=Grwisher;3731559]
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster

There are times that the SL is preferred like when you want something a little nimbler, easier to park (space), etc.
Here is an example of how little parking space an SL can occupy:

Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
[quote=Dr.Disaster;3731485]
It's like having and extra ugly girlfriend and doing her so you don't get tired of the hot one.
You would be right if she was ugly.

Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2013, 01:29 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I have a '63 Austin-Healey 3000 that I use as my alternative to taking out the Bentley when the weather is nice for top-down driving...
Beautiful still after all these years. My second-ever car was a Austin-Healey 100/4 in dark blue and white. Must be 45 years ago now, the first of many sports cars I've owned.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:37 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
[quote=Dr.Disaster;3731485]
This I have a hard time with and it would be torture for me. Driving the second place car and really knowing that I preferred the other one. It's like having and extra ugly girlfriend and doing her so you don't get tired of the hot one.
The sensible option would have been to get another SUV and remove all temptation. But I'm primarily ruled by heart, and the moment I saw the SL it reminded me of all the fun I had with my old SL600. Now I wish I had waited until I found another high performance SL as this one is too slow. Then I'm reminded of the $400 speeding fine I got with the 600, and so the balancing up starts again...

As for 'doing' anyone else, I'm afraid that would be restricted to hair and nails -I don't have that much energy left after detailing 3 cars

Old 01-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Grwisher
Another example of why the good Doctor needs to broaden his horizons.
You are spot on. At this point in time I only have one really nice car. My wife's Audi A7 is nice but not a soul stirring car for me. If I were to be blessed enough to have a nice SL I am sure I would understand more fully. I really do like the Merc along with many other cars but I do not own any. I beg the pardon of any I might have offended with my comments.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Pulled up behind a SL500 last night and it looked down right tiny. I love my big fat black girl.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Pulled up behind a SL500 last night and it looked down right tiny. I love my big fat black girl.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kensilver
It's a 2006 with the 7-speed but only the 302hp powerplant. A real comedown from my grunty SL600 which overtook fast cars and traffic cops with ease. This one only gets 0-60 in 6.1, whereas the 600 did it in 3.6 (Car & Driver test, not the factory's which is a modest 4.4).

Though I only bought the SL500 as a fun car to offset the CGT miles, I'm liking it more and more. The Nav and Bluetooth has brought it into the 21st century - can't do without those any longer. It's a one owner with only 16,000 miles, and I think the owner wound on those miles because it looks flashy new right round.

The Alphard wheels have got to go! My purchase was based on getting the best SL now and then changing the wheels if needed, because the chance of getting the perfect combo would be a long wait.

Color is Obsidian Black. If I could have a dream color, this is it. A deep sharp black that polishes up like crazy and sparkles in the sun or at night. The Bentley Granite is appealing in its own way, but nothing has the drop dead factor of dead black on the right shape!

But I love SLs in any color, and red is stunning. What's the interior color of yours?
AGREED
SL600 with just an ecu tune is amazing fast. one of the fastest cars 0-60 i've ever been in, it's a torque monster.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Talking about big Bentleys ;-)

Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Which car was that? Is it yours?

Some car just need to be big, can you imagine an E class RR?

Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Which car was that? Is it yours?

Some car just need to be big, can you imagine an E class RR?
yes it's my car and I love its generous proportions

Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Norman75
yes it's my car and I love its generous proportions
Is it the Arnage? What year is it? it looks just right big and fat.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:12 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Dr. D is in love with the big booty car. Awwwwwww <3

Dr. D are you Sir Mix-A-Lot?

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-17-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Is it the Arnage? What year is it? it looks just right big and fat.
No it's an 09 Brooklands.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Norman75
No it's an 09 Brooklands.
Norman, don't encourage him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CGT is a BIG car