Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2015 Supersports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ek1
Curious where you got the 4750 Lbs figure? Quite a few web sites on the Internet list the curb weight at 4940 Lbs:

http://www.edmunds.com/bentley/conti...res-specs.html

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...rsports-review
Back seat delete. Carbon fiber seats. Carbon ceramic brake rotors. Then I guess if Bentley is running her weight at 4940 she is then a cow. I am lighter than that with my rear seats intact.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 05-28-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Just getting to this thread but good reading with questions of ideology. For fun ek1 and playful banter I did not think of Bentley as anything but an ole geezer car being totally ignorant(surprised--- not)of the performance past. Please pray tell which was the performance car of the past? I found discontinued models like, Azure, Brooklands, Arnage, State Limousine, T1, T2, S1 and the MK VI Saloon. Which ones are the hod rods? No wonder I thought Bentely was Geezerville. With the introduction of the Continental GT they finally put out a car for the sporting driver.

I like to see the company put out geezerglides, GTs and super cars. If put to the real test I would bet they are more interested in selling cars $ than building brand identity.

I do wonder if the GT lost 1200 lbs would it drive like the car we love?

Old 05-28-2013, 04:22 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I do wonder if the GT lost 1200 lbs would it drive like the car we love?
Hmm, that brings the fat pig down to a svelte 4000 lbs. Nope, still a bit of a porker, but far better P2W and am sure the tires/brakes would be far happier too. Now if you got that 800TQ/HP and 4000 lbs... that would be something fun

Old 05-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Hmm, that brings the fat pig down to a svelte 4000 lbs. Nope, still a bit of a porker, but far better P2W and am sure the tires/brakes would be far happier too. Now if you got that 800TQ/HP and 4000 lbs... that would be something fun
Would 4700lbs at 850hp count?

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 05-28-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:00 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
With a big weight loss we all know the performance would be up but I was more referring to the luxury ride quality. Would the solid and planted feel of the car go away if she lost to much fat? I may be the odd ball here but I think the weight actually helps define the car and make it what it is, a luxury grand tourer.

Wedgeduck is perverting the car making it into what it was not supposed to be. Don't get cross there my Ca. buddy I'm a bit of a perv too.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
With a big weight loss we all know the performance would be up but I was more referring to the luxury ride quality. Would the solid and planted feel of the car go away if she lost to much fat? I may be the odd ball here but I think the weight actually helps define the car and make it what it is, a luxury grand tourer.

Wedgeduck is perverting the car making it into what it was not supposed to be. Don't get cross there my Ca. buddy I'm a bit of a perv too.
She is still fat Doc. The handling feels nifty on corners. The weight is a bit better on gas mileage . I experimenting on how she handles as a four seater lightening up. I wanted to strip her down later and roll cage her, then then that air ride system has to go. So much work. Fun , but costly.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:13 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
Bentley can do what they please with the current line but if they want to increase market share they NEED to get that SUV in showrooms. The new cgt v8 is as good as a car can get.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
Bentley can do what they please with the current line but if they want to increase market share they NEED to get that SUV in showrooms. The new cgt v8 is as good as a car can get.
They do need that SUV.