Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New iron brake discs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:50 AM
Daddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the rough
New iron brake discs

As my 2010 standard GTC recently ran out of warranty, I'm preparing to DIY on service and most of the problemfixing. ( I use VCDS/Vagcom).
Altough I initially thought that Bentley used only the very best parts for the GT's, it appears that more then once they used whatever was close and on the VW-shelf.
Therefor I aim to look for better than OEM-parts when changing them...or to find the OEM-parts at a more reasonably price when I cannot find anything better.
Aside from service-items, the brakes are up first.
I am good with the stopping power of the Iron cast brakes as it is . So I do not care for the expensive Brembo GT-big brake upgrade.
But I do care for less heavy rotors (to improve roadhandling) and pads that generate less dust.
Until now I think I'm going for two-piece slotted rotors front and back. Same dimensions (405X36) in front and maybe a conversion to the Brembo upgrade for 405X22 at the back with use of the stock rotors.
The 405X36 front discs that are used on the GT seem to be the same as the optional brakes for the Audi RS6-C5.
Anybody changed their iron discs to aftermarket upgrade already? Any advice or reviews ?

Old 06-03-2013, 12:06 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Sorry I can't help with your original question. Is there any big difference between Bentley brake disc and VW brake disc in term of performance?

Old 06-03-2013, 07:39 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Odds are provided they fit the quality should be the same. I assume you are talking about VW Phaeton brake parts.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 PM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
i got replacement pads for the gt, but i got the pads from uk, they wont fit the USA bentley, they are smaller, the rotors from the euro version are smaller than the north american version. my ferodo pads do not fit my car in the front. i have to check the rear still.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:38 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Odds are provided they fit the quality should be the same. I assume you are talking about VW Phaeton brake parts.
Thanks! You have been very helpful.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:16 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
LOL, and sorry as am burning candle on BOTH ends right now. Ask the guys at www.girodisc.co if they can make you a two-piece floating rotor. It will be lighter than stock and agree going lighter with unsprung weight is a VERY good thing! They custom made some for the Ferrari that were excellent on the street/track.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Marcus22 is on a distinguished road
I believe the oem rotors were produced by Alcon. I'm not sure if you know who Alcon is, but they make very good quality stuff, even for OEM.