Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Met the Merrymicrobe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Met the Merrymicrobe

I had the pleasure on meeting Tom(aka Merrymocrobe and Grwisher) this weekend. He was returning from his event in PA. with the RROC and made a detour to see me in Knoxville. Man I thought I was particular about car care but he was in another league of his own. He carried a trunk full of meters for testing water, solutions, tools and machinery for car cleaning.
I had to help his poor Sat/NAV find a car wash apparently his was not tuned to the hillbilly data channel.

We went to a Brazilian steakhouse called Brazerios and had a great time with good food. He offered to buy and i graciously accepted his gift but he tried to tell the waitress that I was his father. WTH!? He is old and I am not. We poked fun at each other in good nature while he enjoyed his libation and me my pipe.

We rode in his car and mine and I got a little edited to show off the tune and pipes and hit the throttle before the roof had cycled down. Now I have a roof fault code to deal with. He tried to take the blame and be the gentleman but I had to admit that it was my foot on the pedal.

He did his best to explain to me that his car in the blue and white leather was a magnet for -----. He used the euphemism for the lady crotch parts which I believe we are banned from using on the club. I was glad he mentioned it and wanted to clarify wether it was a magnet for "that" or a statement about the driver and he was the ------? Mine is black and very manly.

Great to meet you Tom and if I get a chance I would swing by your place to do it all again in your home town. I bet those boats of yours really attract chicks. BTW I find it ironic that when you came to town all you picked up was a dude(me). Did you get the chicks and dicks confused?

Old 08-06-2014, 02:53 PM
MerryMicrobe will become famous soon enough
BTW I find it ironic that when you came to town all you picked up was a dude(me). Did you get the chicks and dicks confused?
Not confused, just dead wrong. I didn't think you were a dick until you me asked that question.

We really did have a great time and it was well worth the detour. You are just as nice and friendly in person as you are on this forum. I just didn't think you would look that old.

I especially like the story about how you moved when you found out that most car accidents happen within 20 miles of your home.

Last edited by MerryMicrobe; 08-06-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
How old do I look?? I hate to agree buddy. My wife was taking some pictures of us with her I pad and when I looked at them i swore I did not recognize myself. God i looked bad.

We see pictures of other people that we have not seen in a while and remark about how old and bad they look. We then ask if they think the same of us and we have concluded that it must be true.

The solution is to look at your self carefully in the mirror every day so the changes are not startling. If you only see yourself every three or four years you will have to shoot yourself.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:47 AM
MerryMicrobe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
How old do I look?? I hate to agree buddy. My wife was taking some pictures of us with her I pad and when I looked at them i swore I did not recognize myself. God i looked bad.

We see pictures of other people that we have not seen in a while and remark about how old and bad they look. We then ask if they think the same of us and we have concluded that it must be true.

The solution is to look at your self carefully in the mirror every day so the changes are not startling. If you only see yourself every three or four years you will have to shoot yourself.
Don't beat yourself up. You look damn good for a 77 year old.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by MerryMicrobe
Don't beat yourself up. You look damn good for a 77 year old.
Now that's a true friend,. thanks.