6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   New to forum new owner quick question (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/351251-new-forum-new-owner-quick-question.html)

ERICINNY 11-10-2014 07:10 AM

New to forum new owner quick question

1 Attachment(s)
Love this place and the knowledge is amazing, I recently acquired a 2010 GTC and out of nowhere my sirius stopped working and I am getting the message "satellite tuner has antenna problems" contact your bentley dealer.

I searched the forum and was able to learn location of the tuner in the truck by spoiler, anyone have this problm before?

Thanks in advance :), photos to come of the new ride soon.

Frank ( Sunnyside ) 11-14-2014 02:24 PM

Sorry don't know anything about your issue, but welcome and congratulations on the GTC :D

Bentley Tech NC 11-14-2014 04:54 PM

When I worked at the dealer, we came up with a fix for that problem years ago, you will need to replace the stock Sirius/XM antenna with an aftermarket antenna. It is a job that can be done in under an hour.

ek1 11-17-2014 07:25 PM

Just a word of caution - I had crappy satellite radio reception in my 2011 Supersports. The dealer replaced the antenna and then some connectors/cables. The moral of the story is that the satellite radio reception did not improve after replacement, but i did get two nasty rattles after they took the headliner off and put it back on. One was in the drivers's side pillar and the other in the rear towards the glass. Since they they tried to fix it 4 times, to no avail.

enalborno 11-21-2014 09:10 AM

We see this all the time too. SiriusXM Antenna will work as "Bentley tech NY" suggested. Simply replace and solder in the new one.

glh 11-25-2014 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by ek1 (Post 4238066)
Just a word of caution - I had crappy satellite radio reception in my 2011 Supersports. The dealer replaced the antenna and then some connectors/cables. The moral of the story is that the satellite radio reception did not improve after replacement, but i did get two nasty rattles after they took the headliner off and put it back on. One was in the drivers's side pillar and the other in the rear towards the glass. Since they they tried to fix it 4 times, to no avail.

ek1

I feel for you my friend. With all my cars that has always been a dilemma. I had a Merc CLS that the door handle sensor to unlock/open the door when i touch the handle stopped working and once the dealer told me they had to go into the door I told them I would rather live with it not working then them possibly creating a rattle by messing with the door.

I could live with opening the door with the infrared key but a rattle I couldn't live with. I would of changed the car just for that!

gregwarner 01-05-2019 09:09 PM

Did you ever figure it out? My 2010 GTC Speed has the same message/issue...

TeamJones1962 01-14-2019 04:43 PM

I have an 2006 and it didn’t come with XM at the time so I replace the radio. I’m starting to wonder how a universal shark fin would look on there because there really is no place to hide the one that comes with the xm turner and get good reception.