Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New to forum new owner quick question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 07:10 AM
ERICINNY is on a distinguished road
New to forum new owner quick question

Love this place and the knowledge is amazing, I recently acquired a 2010 GTC and out of nowhere my sirius stopped working and I am getting the message "satellite tuner has antenna problems" contact your bentley dealer.

I searched the forum and was able to learn location of the tuner in the truck by spoiler, anyone have this problm before?

Thanks in advance , photos to come of the new ride soon.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0145.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	407256  
Old 11-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry don't know anything about your issue, but welcome and congratulations on the GTC

Old 11-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Bentley Tech NC has a spectacular aura aboutBentley Tech NC has a spectacular aura aboutBentley Tech NC has a spectacular aura about
When I worked at the dealer, we came up with a fix for that problem years ago, you will need to replace the stock Sirius/XM antenna with an aftermarket antenna. It is a job that can be done in under an hour.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-31-2023 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:25 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Just a word of caution - I had crappy satellite radio reception in my 2011 Supersports. The dealer replaced the antenna and then some connectors/cables. The moral of the story is that the satellite radio reception did not improve after replacement, but i did get two nasty rattles after they took the headliner off and put it back on. One was in the drivers's side pillar and the other in the rear towards the glass. Since they they tried to fix it 4 times, to no avail.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:10 AM
enalborno is on a distinguished road
We see this all the time too. SiriusXM Antenna will work as "Bentley tech NY" suggested. Simply replace and solder in the new one.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:43 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ek1
Just a word of caution - I had crappy satellite radio reception in my 2011 Supersports. The dealer replaced the antenna and then some connectors/cables. The moral of the story is that the satellite radio reception did not improve after replacement, but i did get two nasty rattles after they took the headliner off and put it back on. One was in the drivers's side pillar and the other in the rear towards the glass. Since they they tried to fix it 4 times, to no avail.
ek1

I feel for you my friend. With all my cars that has always been a dilemma. I had a Merc CLS that the door handle sensor to unlock/open the door when i touch the handle stopped working and once the dealer told me they had to go into the door I told them I would rather live with it not working then them possibly creating a rattle by messing with the door.

I could live with opening the door with the infrared key but a rattle I couldn't live with. I would of changed the car just for that!

Old 01-05-2019, 09:09 PM
gregwarner is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you ever figure it out? My 2010 GTC Speed has the same message/issue...

Old 01-14-2019, 04:43 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
I have an 2006 and it didn’t come with XM at the time so I replace the radio. I’m starting to wonder how a universal shark fin would look on there because there really is no place to hide the one that comes with the xm turner and get good reception.