Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Lifetime sirius sat subscription that comes with the Bentley cancelled?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 08:30 PM
UrbelT is on a distinguished road
Lifetime sirius sat subscription that comes with the Bentley cancelled?!?!

I got a 2012 Bentley CGT (purchased used, at 2k miles) still under factory warranty until Dec 2015 (1 more year) and already with 1 year CPO warranty added on early.

I was having troubles getting all the channels to list properly for my Sirius sat radio, had to call in to the Sirius tech support, finally after 45 mins on the phone they fixed it, but asked me to verify my details. I gave them my details, they told me they could not transfer lifetime memberships and that was only for the original owner, told me I had to pay to continue using it?

I was under the impression that the lifetime subscription would stay with the Bentley regardless of the owner? Am I wrong? The car was listed with lifetime sirius radio from the dealer when I bought it.

I then did some research and found this online:
"All vehicles equipped with SIRIUS will include a lifetime subscription to the service, which will enhance each Bentley's individual customization and give each customer a new vehicle experience," said Andrew Stuart, CEO for Bentley Motors Inc. (From: http://investor.siriusxm.com/release...leaseID=216449)

The person I talked to on the phone was a Filipino in the Philippines, he thought it was a Volkswagen at first, then he didn't know what a Bentley was...

Anyone have any experience with this or any advice on the matter?

Thanks

Old 01-25-2015, 11:32 AM
bkrpdx is on a distinguished road
When I bought my 2008 GTC a few years ago, I paid for Sirius. I dropped it because the antenna is inadequate, and I had too much dropped signal.

The article you mention is interesting -- "give each customer a new vehicle experience" implies to me the lifetime is of the car, not the first owner, but it is not perfectly clear. I would call your dealer, as they represented it to you as having it, and, if you can get documentation, please share it with me. Although the signal is not great, it is worth free.

Brian.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:47 AM
This has been resolved for anyone who has similar issues.

Some more info:

Sirius told me that the person who owned the car before transferred their lifetime subscription to a different radio. It is listed as a standard feature on many of the 2012 Bentley's including the ones that are pre-owned. (E.x. http://www.parkplace.com/all-invento...ntal-gt-mb5845)

I've contacted Bentley USA and they have confirmed that it should of remained with the car regardless of ownership change as a standard feature of the car, they've advised me to go to the Dealer if the equipment is "malfunctioning" especially since it's still under warranty.

I called the dealer but they obviously told me they have no control of what Sirius does but to bring it in anyway and they will try to figure it out.

I decided one last ditch effort to call up Sirius and attempt to get someone who either is in the USA or knows more about the lifetime subs on exotic cars. So I called up Sirius, and of course got the Filipinos again. After another hour or so on hold as the operator "escalates" the issue and checks a few things, and returns back that their escalation department did re-instate the lifetime subscription on the radio. (Although online it says 2 month demo). She did confirm a note was made on my account in case there are future issues though with that Radio ID.

So as of right now, the radio works again, will it unsubscribe in a few months? Who knows, time will tell. But it looks promising...

Old 01-26-2015, 11:49 AM
I just called Sirius and they activated my lifetime subscription. No conflict at all.

Brian.
2008 GTC

Old 01-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Excellent, More then likely I just got someone who didn't know what they were doing / talking about on the first call, seems like the next calls went much smoother to getting things back in order...

Old 01-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I have two lifetime memberships. One for my car and one for my wifes. They do not belong to any specfic car. I have to a pay a $75 transfer fee when I change cars with either membership. I love SIRIUS and couldn't imagine driving a car without it.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:13 PM
mewyn will become famous soon enoughmewyn will become famous soon enough
Question Sirius radio in 2007 GTC

This thread has got me interested as my 2007 GTC has a button on the radio unit for SR but nothing happens when it is pressed. I pressed the audio button and then pressed the SR button and the screen read "No Satellite tuner available" I always assumed that it was an optional extra which the prior owner did not purchase. I called sirius and they checked the vin no. and said that vin had never been registered. Anything I can easily check to see if it ever had a tuner? I do not want to take anything apart. I have sirius =XM in other cars which I do not listen to, so this is mainly curiosity. Thanks

Old 02-02-2015, 03:08 PM
MEWYN,

As I understand it, the Sirius Radio did not become available until the 2008 model. My 2008 manual says the SR button is for scanning stations on the radio (Scan Radio) and makes no mention about Sirius, although it is in fact Sirius Radio and works fine. So there was definitely a transition between your car and my car during which the manual and the Infotainment System were not keeping up with each other.

Brian.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:17 PM
MEWYN,

I suppose I could be a little more helpful. On your Infotainment System, when you select SR also select the Audio button a bit above it. When I do so, the lower left button by the screen flags as being Setup. Pushing that button reveals the radio number, if you have one, which makes it much more straight forward to deal with the folks as Sirius.

Brian.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:19 PM
mewyn will become famous soon enoughmewyn will become famous soon enough
2007 GTC SR radio

Brian: Thanks for your response. I just went to the car and did as you suggested. It is basically what I had done before but this time I was careful to hold both buttons down at the same time. Same result. a symbol in orange with a tower and statement that no satellite tuner available. I guess I will call the Bentley dealer and ask about it. This forum works very well because of guys like you who are interested.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:08 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
I got my 2014 car last October and activated Sirius XM a month or so later. The lady on the phone told me that she is activating my "trial". I was wondering what she meant by that, but then I received a package from Siruis Xm and in there was a piece of paper stating that I get 3 years of Sirius XM traffic and 1 year of regular Sirius XM programming. Unless I am missing something, it means there is no lifetime subscription included anymore.

Whats interesting is that the 2011 Supersports I had before definitely had a lifetime sub.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:27 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by UrbelT
This has been resolved for anyone who has similar issues.

Some more info:

Sirius told me that the person who owned the car before transferred their lifetime subscription to a different radio. It is listed as a standard feature on many of the 2012 Bentley's including the ones that are pre-owned. (E.x. http://www.parkplace.com/all-invento...ntal-gt-mb5845)

I've contacted Bentley USA and they have confirmed that it should of remained with the car regardless of ownership change as a standard feature of the car, they've advised me to go to the Dealer if the equipment is "malfunctioning" especially since it's still under warranty.

I called the dealer but they obviously told me they have no control of what Sirius does but to bring it in anyway and they will try to figure it out.

I decided one last ditch effort to call up Sirius and attempt to get someone who either is in the USA or knows more about the lifetime subs on exotic cars. So I called up Sirius, and of course got the Filipinos again. After another hour or so on hold as the operator "escalates" the issue and checks a few things, and returns back that their escalation department did re-instate the lifetime subscription on the radio. (Although online it says 2 month demo). She did confirm a note was made on my account in case there are future issues though with that Radio ID.

So as of right now, the radio works again, will it unsubscribe in a few months? Who knows, time will tell. But it looks promising...
I had a similar experience. They put on a one month trial while they got it sorted on their end. A day later I now have Lifetime

Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2016, 03:06 PM
pjprokop will become famous soon enoughpjprokop will become famous soon enough
Success!

My window sticker (2009 GT) notes lifetime Sirius service. Multiple efforts by phone and live chat produced no results. I sent a letter to SIRIUS corporate in NYC. They put me in touch with a very nice lady named Margaret Anne Doyle on the Corporate Solutions Team (speaks English very well and appears to be in the USA, as opposed to overseas (call 866-578-7474, option 3)). She apologized for any inconvenience and activated my lifetime subscription, with a refund of my current month's charges for the basic (lowest) level of service. A lifetime subscription entitles one to the "select" (middle) level of service. The problem of getting SIRIUS to honor a lifetime subscription has been solved.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:06 PM
richard181 will become famous soon enough
And all this time I thought the prior owner of my 2010 CGT just never cancelled his subscription.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:20 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
Thanks to this forum I learned about the Sat radio subscription. I called them today and got my free service reinstated. I am the 4th owner of the 2008 and found the subscription was still in the name of the first owner. But somewhere along the line it got turned off. Now I am up and running at no cost. Love it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lifetime sirius sat subscription that comes with the Bentley cancelled?!?!