Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

My Sirius Satilite signal sucks how do I fix it??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Zearnold is on a distinguished road
My Sirius Satilite signal sucks how do I fix it??

My Sirius Satilite signal sucks how do I fix it?? My 2007 gt has horrible signal reception that cuts out all the time, is anyone else having this problem and how do I fix it? Also, why in general does the Satilite sound so bad, is Sirius transmitting in mono?

Old 01-19-2015, 09:30 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Zearnold
My Sirius Satilite signal sucks how do I fix it?? My 2007 gt has horrible signal reception that cuts out all the time, is anyone else having this problem and how do I fix it? Also, why in general does the Satilite sound so bad, is Sirius transmitting in mono?
I dont think you can fix it. Bentley's satellite antenna is poorly designed and reception sucks. I had a 2011 Supersports that had this issue and after the dealer replaced both the antenna and the cables, the only thing I got was a rattle in the headliner. My current 2014 Speed has the same horrible reception. It worse than any car I ever had, although every single car I had before had the "shark fin" satellite antenna on the roof.

I cant believe Bentley let this happen.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:17 AM
bkrpdx is on a distinguished road
It sucks on my 2008 GTC too. I finally dropped the subscription. Most cars have an external antenna; ours do not (I think the antenna is built in to the rear view mirror, at least on the GTC). Sirius's suggested solution was to add an add-on aftermarket external antenna, but I am not interested in adulterating my car like that. Sirius had no other ideas. Even when I had good signal, the sound quality was not great and there were not that many channels of interest to me. So drop it I did.

Brian.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:07 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
By the way, as far as satellite radio signal quaity is concerned, its the same story with all the satellite content providers - they have a limited amount of bandwidth and try to cram as many channels as possible into the stream, which means each channel gets less and less bandwidth as more channels are added. The audio is highly compressed, which degrades sound quality. From what I read, the bitrate of satellite radio is somewhere between 48kbps and 64kbs, but because they are using a proprietary codec that is highly efficient, the sound quality can be compared to a 128kbps mp3 file. This is for music channels. Talk radio channels are even more compressed. For comparison, CD bitrate is 1,411.2 kbps, so that should give you an idea of how crappy satellite radio is.