Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

'13 GT Speed 'New' or '14 GT S V8 'New' ??

Old 11-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by texex91
All valid points there Doc. Cannot disagree with the cache it has (good or bad). It is over the top vs say the new S550 Coupe (which is on my mind), but has a completely different level of wow factor (albeit getting a little old after 11 years).

And to your list of 'real players' let's not forget Lambo
As soon as I sent that i knew Lambo was not there and it is a super car but they have no GT and there cars are small for my 6'2". The SL550 was considered till the I drive the "B".

Old 11-27-2014, 10:41 AM
vanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
This x2.

Be honest to yourself about why you are even buying a car like this. Please take no offense. Looks matters and how it pleases you and your eye. The "special" car will LYK right away that it is the one.

If the cars are identical i'd have the w12 Speed. Heck I'd take the w16 if they made one. I don't know how many people have asked me about how many cylinders my car has and when you say 12 they all swoon with awe and put bluntly that makes me feel good.

I also agree with Omega that this is a heavy GT car by design and making it lighter and sportier is obtuse. It is a big extremely powerful heavy road touring car of the highest esthetic quality. It exudes class and possesses an imposing road presence that the P cars Merc.'s and Audi's do not have. Sorry other car owners. Now Ferrari, McClaren and Aston Martin are real players.
Ahh but they did have a concept W16. They called it the Bentley Hunaudiere. But we were denied the pleasure of the car because VW plucked out the W16 and created the Bugatti Veyron.

http://www.autointell-news.com/europ...0/bentley1.htm

Old 12-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by vanslam
Ahh but they did have a concept W16. They called it the Bentley Hunaudiere. But we were denied the pleasure of the car because VW plucked out the W16 and created the Bugatti Veyron.

http://www.autointell-news.com/europ...0/bentley1.htm
Speak of the Bugatti I had a young girl at the store think it was a Veyron.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:16 PM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by texex91
Talked to a couple of Bentley dealers (GM's) and they said wait until Dec as Bentley unloads some demo units (1-2k miles) at unheard of prices. Going to wait a few weeks and see what shows up. Best month to buy a Bentley is Dec according to two separate dealers.
I bought my 2013 the last week of November and, yes, they did start dropping the prices on all previous model year vehicles. Mine was listed as a demonstrator but had less than 12 miles on it. The salesman stated that some vehicles had to be listed as such for some reason I did not catch. If you stopped by Bentley in Austin I'm sure you met Shawn Seaman. He is a great fellow.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:46 PM
texex91 is a jewel in the roughtexex91 is a jewel in the roughtexex91 is a jewel in the roughtexex91 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by robinardoin
I bought my 2013 the last week of November and, yes, they did start dropping the prices on all previous model year vehicles. Mine was listed as a demonstrator but had less than 12 miles on it. The salesman stated that some vehicles had to be listed as such for some reason I did not catch. If you stopped by Bentley in Austin I'm sure you met Shawn Seaman. He is a great fellow.
Yep, they never have any inventory and their prices are way too high. But I'm sure he's a nice guy

Old 12-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Condor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud of
Interesting comments.

I had the same decision yesterday.

A Demo Speed in white with 1,000miles or a V8s in white brand new for delivery in early Jan 2015.

I chose the V8s as it is so much easier to drive, it sounds way better and doesn't drone like the w12, the V8s is also lighter and more nimble with the steering being more precise.

This is coming from someone that has a 2010 w12 Speed and just traded it.