Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Smokin brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 04:02 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin brakes

Took the car around the mountains today, drove that hard that when I applied the parking brake it gave a Red flashing warning......brakes too hot .
Had the poor brakes smoking at one point. But what a drive . Every bit as exciting as my 911 Turbo or Cosworth. Outside temperature -4 deg C and snow on the sides of the road. Must do it again some time.

What's aftermarket carbon ceramics options have we that can be fitted. I don't want to go Bentley, was thinking AP , Brembo etc . Anyone swapped over there discs for ceramics?

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 01-17-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:16 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I don't recall seeing smoke but i have smelled hot brakes many times. This fat girl can hustle.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:54 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I don't recall seeing smoke but i have smelled hot brakes many times. This fat girl can hustle.

Ive been having a few issues with the brakes tbh, so before I take it to DMS for an exhaust , engine and trans tune I was advise to go and be brutal with the brakes for a short while........so I did
They do seem much better now, I wonder if the smoke was all the crap being burnt/ground off

Old 01-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Some times a good rough go at her is necessary. I really have very few issues with my car in the three years i have had it. Who is DMS and what are you getting?

Old 01-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Some times a good rough go at her is necessary. I really have very few issues with my car in the three years i have had it. Who is DMS and what are you getting?

Does both of us good, the car and me
DMS is a tuning company, they can do me a bespoke tune from 602bhp to 700 bhp and an extra 80 ft lbs torque plus apparently a transmition program upgrade to shift quicker. also getting a Quicksilver Sports exhaust .
once fitted and I have the rolling road printout I will make a post

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 01-21-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:20 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
Took the car around the mountains today, drove that hard that when I applied the parking brake it gave a Red flashing warning......brakes too hot .
Had the poor brakes smoking at one point. But what a drive . Every bit as exciting as my 911 Turbo or Cosworth. Outside temperature -4 deg C and snow on the sides of the road. Must do it again some time.

What's aftermarket carbon ceramics options have we that can be fitted. I don't want to go Bentley, was thinking AP , Brembo etc . Anyone swapped over there discs for ceramics?
Ceramics will help, but I still got them to smoke after 3 laps on a track. The hubs even changed color slightly.

As one of the car magazines stated in their CGT review: "a full-on brake from 205mph creates 10 megajoules of heat – enough energy to power six households for four hours".

Old 01-21-2015, 04:36 PM
Ceramics......is there any place they can be bought cheaper than Bentley ?

Old 01-21-2015, 04:44 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if the Audi ceramics are the same.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
I wonder if the Audi ceramics are the same.

Some one on here might know I couldn't find a fitment from AP Racing, was going to have a look at the Brembo site

Old 01-22-2015, 05:18 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
The standard rear discs are Audi, so they might be the same. The fronts are the problem due to their size.

Good luck with the tune Frank.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by ExSF
The standard rear discs are Audi, so they might be the same. The fronts are the problem due to their size.

Good luck with the tune Frank.

Thanks.
TBH I don't track the car so probably the standards fronts will do but I really wanted to take the car to Germany to do the Nürburgring (Nordschleife) at some point in the future.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:39 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Love to do that at the ring. One day maybe.
The best I've had mine to is 165MPH/265KPH. Does get there quick though.
I'd like to see it max out!
Some of our friends have moved to Germany so maybe I will get the opportunity.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by ExSF
Love to do that at the ring. One day maybe.
The best I've had mine to is 165MPH/265KPH. Does get there quick though.
I'd like to see it max out!
Some of our friends have moved to Germany so maybe I will get the opportunity.
165 with the top down is pretty impressive.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:04 PM
WES77Y will become famous soon enoughWES77Y will become famous soon enough
I have a pair of the massive front Brembo calipers sat in the garage which i have never got round to fitting lol, they are bigger than any Audi caliper and probably only found on race cars etc.