Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

CGT Heater Control/Rear&Front Defrost buttons not working FYI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 09:01 AM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
CGT Heater Control/Rear&Front Defrost buttons not working FYI

FYI

I was in Montreal yesterday and when I got my car back (2004 CGT) from valet at the hotel the temp reading in the control screen was just two bars (--) for both sides. Also the Heater Control/Rear&Front Defrost buttons on top of the screen where no longer lit up and where non responsive.

The screen with the information and Nav and so forth was not turning on with the ignition as usual. I pressed the on-off button and all started working normally radio and so forth save for the heater control and reading of the temp at the top of the screen. I drove back to Vermont like that no heater control but it seamed to be set and working at 70* like it was when it was last working.

Got home and left it. This morning after swimming around here and VWVortex a bit I decided to reset/reboot the car by unplugging the two batteries, left them unplugged for about 3 minutes and plugged back everything. I also got the fuse layout from the VW site which I will post here as a matter of record, my car did not have a manual when I got it.

Restarted the car and everything worked back to normal as before. I had read in one of the forum that it takes about 15 minutes for the car to reset/sort itself out once you replug the batteries and I got a few error signals like the height sensor and so forth but eventually everything came back to normal.

Hope it helps anyone.

GL