Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Quick Silver Exhaust and DMS remap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Quick Silver Exhaust and DMS remap

I posted on the quicksilver thread that I was going to have one of their exhausts fitted and a DMS remap. It was done 2 weeks ago..................

Ok so Ive lived with the quick Silver Sports Exhaust and the DMS remap for 2 weeks now and can report back that the car sounds completely different.

Forget the original exhaust sound , this is worlds apart.

It truly is loud on start up, I mean window rattling loud, but once the idle settles down and the air injectors stop the sound level drops to a more sustainable loud burble. On acceleration you now hear what the engine is doing and on over run down hill the car produces an unmistakable pop. Revving the engine while stationary produces a fantastic crackle and pop/bang sound with the sound of the turbos spooling up and down in the back ground.

You would swear your driving a Maserati or Aston Martin. The car made heads turn before but now there breaking there necks fot a look.

As to the DMS remap, the car was showing it could make over 700 bhp and 720 ft lbs torque but by the time the heat build up from being on the rollers effected the final run it was showing almost 680 bhp and 700 ota fl lbs torque. Boost is now peak 1.1 bar on UK 95/97 RON fuel.

I'm waiting for DMS to e-mail me the graphs and I will post them on here.

If I'm honest......do I actually really feel the extra 80 bhp at the top end then the answer is only slightly , it depends on the moment. Do I feel the extra low down torque , well yes I do but its wasted on me as I'm a drop a gear and go kind a guy. Therefor I'm looking at more power again later on in the year. I really want a strong 50 bhp/tonne increase that will make a seat of the pants difference.

I will post back more when I can

Frank

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 02-15-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:27 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
Great you enjoy the sound

Last edited by QuickSilver X; 02-18-2015 at 01:55 AM.