Notices
Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Come on Guys where the experts on here

Old 02-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Sunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond repute
Come on Guys where the experts on here

If there is any one who knows there way around the Bentley IETIS manual please post back.

Where can I find information on OBD codes within the IETIS system ?

Frank.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:42 PM
PMS
PMS is a jewel in the roughPMS is a jewel in the roughPMS is a jewel in the roughPMS is a jewel in the rough
I believe the IETIS manual is designed to augment the VAS 5054A diagnostic system. The manual can be electronically interfaced as a "look-up" within the VAS 5054A system. My experience says that all of the DTCs are stored in the VAS 5054A, not the IETIS manual. If (within the IETIS manual) you follow this search path: Word search/limit search to document type: Fault diagnosis and enter the keyword "code" in the 'text to search for' window, you will receive instructions on how to get started with the VAS 5054A system. I may be wrong, but I believe you will not be able to find the codes in the IETIS manual itself.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Sunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond reputeSunnyside has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PMS View Post
I believe the IETIS manual is designed to augment the VAS 5054A diagnostic system. The manual can be electronically interfaced as a "look-up" within the VAS 5054A system. My experience says that all of the DTCs are stored in the VAS 5054A, not the IETIS manual. If (within the IETIS manual) you follow this search path: Word search/limit search to document type: Fault diagnosis and enter the keyword "code" in the 'text to search for' window, you will receive instructions on how to get started with the VAS 5054A system. I may be wrong, but I believe you will not be able to find the codes in the IETIS manual itself.

Thanks for the advice.

I believe your right, I've been playing with IETIS a bit more today and it redirect you to the VAS 5052 for fault diagnosis.
I'm trying to familierise my self a bit more with the deeper workings of the VAS5054A .

I'm reading the VAS manual page by page and I'm a bit stuck on thes

3.3.8 006 Basic setting

KWP1281/KWP2000/UDS/Crafter Vehicle systems

The 006 Basic setting menu point displays measured values when the vehicle system is in basic setting.

KWP1281/KWP2000 Vehicle systems

Before the measured values for the basic setting are shown, you have to enter the display group of the measured values.

What are display groups and how do you find them ?

thanks ,
Frank

Old 02-20-2015, 02:24 PM
PMS
PMS is a jewel in the roughPMS is a jewel in the roughPMS is a jewel in the roughPMS is a jewel in the rough
Like you, I went through the manuals before plugging in the VAS 5054A. Sadly, you can get bogged down in a lot of irrelevant information and can quickly become overwhelmed. Don't assume you are going to control how the computer works (particularly when you are a "newbie"). Experience has shown that plugging in is the best way to understand how it works. The first few steps are intuitive and once launched, the computer takes control of EVERYTHING. Let it do its own diagnostic session and report the errors. If it reports any errors, you can then drill down into the error by clicking on it. It will do a simple high level diagnostic pass of all systems in about 10-15 minutes (depending upon your hardware). I really only gets confusing once you have gone past the high-level automated diagnostics. I had trouble getting familiar with British terminology. If you want more info, please PM me and I will do my best to help you understand what is happening with the computer. Once you get your head around the computer's approach, you will find it invaluable and much more comprehensive than other systems.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by PMS View Post
Like you, I went through the manuals before plugging in the VAS 5054A. Sadly, you can get bogged down in a lot of irrelevant information and can quickly become overwhelmed. Don't assume you are going to control how the computer works (particularly when you are a "newbie"). Experience has shown that plugging in is the best way to understand how it works. The first few steps are intuitive and once launched, the computer takes control of EVERYTHING. Let it do its own diagnostic session and report the errors. If it reports any errors, you can then drill down into the error by clicking on it. It will do a simple high level diagnostic pass of all systems in about 10-15 minutes (depending upon your hardware). I really only gets confusing once you have gone past the high-level automated diagnostics. I had trouble getting familiar with British terminology. If you want more info, please PM me and I will do my best to help you understand what is happening with the computer. Once you get your head around the computer's approach, you will find it invaluable and much more comprehensive than other systems.

You might regret the offer..................PM now on the way