Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley FOB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 04:13 PM
dulay is on a distinguished road
Bentley FOB

Hi all,
New member here.... Couple of questions...
1. Bentley GT 2004. Key fobs... I have2 keys myself but my friend sold his GT few years back and he had 1 fob and valet key. His fobs are in much better condition than mine... I know you can replace the blades of the fobs but are the blades linked to the functions of the fobs?
What I'd like to do is use my original key amd fob, but replace the blade on another fob and program that to my car. What's to stop me from programming one of the new fobs while my key is in the ignition and my second fob is in the door key e en though the new fob has my friends key on it! Once programmed I can swap his blade for mine and my fobs will look like new.
2. Does the blade key have to be programmed at the dealer! Can't any locksmith cut the same pattern in a blank blade? I see the blanks online cheap.
3. Does anyone know where I can get the gear selector cover that goes under the silver cover at the base of the selector stick? Mine is broken so when you are in park, you can see holes in the cover.
4. Global close... When I press it, it locks the doors but the side mirrors will not turn in. But if I manually turn the mirrors in they do. What could be the cause of that?
5. The CD player.... On a 2004 what options are there to bring it into the modern era regarding blue tooth and phones. Mine has the privacy phone and I really would like not to have the Nokia phone installed.

Thanks in advance

Remy

Old 05-31-2015, 09:26 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Most of your questions are already answered in this forum. Use the "SEARCH" function and root around. You'll find a wealth of existing information.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:22 PM
dulay is on a distinguished road
Thanks PMS, found the answers to a couple of them. Didn't necessarily like the answers I found, especially the one about the Gear Shifter cover!

Will look around for the others.

Thanks

R

Old 06-01-2015, 07:14 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
You have my sympathy on the shift linkage cover issue. To all of us who have encountered this problem, we are amazed at the cost of fixing what seems to be such a simple issue.

Peter