Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Drive from CA to NY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 07:36 AM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Drive from CA to NY

Hi, all

This is a little off-topic, so apologies in advance.

If everything goes well, I will be picking up a car I have been looking for in California. I am actually planning to drive it back to NY either all the way or some of the way. The goal is to do some sight seeing along the way (while driving). I am willing to make 1-2 hr detours along the way to see special places, but unfortunately my schedule does not allow me to do this trip "the right way" (i.e. on my own schedule). I'd love to drive through a National Park for example. Sadly, I do not have the time to do any off-road activities either.

The vehicle is located in Laguna Niguel, CA. I definitely want to drive through Vegas since I've been there many times and really enjoy it. Everything else is flexible as far route is concerned. I am looking at two scenarios - the first one is driving from CA through Las Vegas to Denver (seems like the most beautiful route), shipping shipping the car to NY and flying back to NY. The second scenario is driving all the way to NY (still through Vegas and Denver). Having said that, just looking at Google maps, the drive from Denver to NY does not seem that exciting once you leave Colorado - you can only spend so much time driving through a flat space on a straight road with nothing around. I think a day of that will be more than enough.

I am looking for any recommendations, pointers, etc. Do's/Dont's, beautiful roads, places to spend a night at, exciting things to see, etc. My requirements for lodging are somewhat basic - it has to be clean, quiet, have internet access and secure parking area.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Eugene

Old 08-13-2015, 03:54 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Road Trip!

PM sent...