Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2009 Bentley Conti GT delivered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
2009 Bentley Conti GT delivered

After months of searching and a few weeks of negotiations and logistics my 2009 Bentley Continental GT coupe arrived yesterday.

$17.5k miles
24 mo CPO car
Beluga/Beluga
Piano Black trim
Contrast stitching
Mulliner package
Convenience package
21" Bentley wheels

I have to get some better shots of my English babes together as well. Here are a few to start

Attached Images    
Old 11-04-2015, 07:13 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Sweet car......hopefully I can hook up with you soon!

Old 11-04-2015, 10:37 PM
rbb1991 will become famous soon enough
Nice looking ride!!

Old 11-05-2015, 04:07 AM
Merdav will become famous soon enough
Congrats Mr Townshend, a great choice, if you have questions on operation of your new steed let me know.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Is that an Aston behind you?

Old 11-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Is that an Aston behind you?
Yes, I own a 2009 V8 Vantage as well

Old 11-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
Sweet car......hopefully I can hook up with you soon!
Absolutely, please feel free to reach out!

Old 11-06-2015, 07:28 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Nice pair you have there. Enjoy.

Les.

Old 11-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Townshend
Yes, I own a 2009 V8 Vantage as well
Interesting pair of cars. I had a buddy that owned a V8V convertible and was considering a GTC. His main issue with the AM was the trunk space and touring capacity. He said he and his wife looked like the Beverly Hillbillies which the back seat loaded up and he wanted more of a touring car. He came over to drive mine and then we of course took a turn in his comparing the cars. Mine is a bit modified with pipes and a tune so that had to be accounted for and he liked the Bentley but just hated to give up AM. He ended up going to a DB9

How do you compare the cars? I felt the V8 motor was not terribly strong. Have not had an opportunity to drive he V12V but would love to. Do you have the automated manuel tranny?

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 11-09-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:58 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
DB9 is nice! My ex has one and loves it.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
DB9 is nice! My ex has one and loves it.
If I had to choose something other than the GTC is would be the DB9 volante.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I saw the picture of your English babes on the Aston Martin forum. Nice looking cars. I'm still in the process of detailing my V8V. Then I will have to take a picture of them ogether.
It won't be as good as your picture as I'm not very good with a camera. You are in Chicago?
Wow that was a lot of snow. I grew up in Libertyville.

Last edited by Gene G; 11-22-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Gene G
I saw the picture of your English babes on the Aston Martin forum. Nice looking cars. I'm still in the process of detailing my V8V. Then I will have to take a picture of them ogether.
It won't be as good as your picture as I'm not very good with a camera. You are in Chicago?
Wow that was a lot of snow. I grew up in Libertyville.
Thank you! I didn't grow up too far from you, Hoffman Estates, currently living downtown.

Fortunately I missed out on some of the snow we got, I've been traveling the past few weeks (Sao Paulo, Rio, Bahamas, Ann Arbor).

Just got winter tires (Dunlop) with the OEM 19" Bentley wheels put on, ready for the snow!

Old 11-30-2015, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Interesting pair of cars. I had a buddy that owned a V8V convertible and was considering a GTC. His main issue with the AM was the trunk space and touring capacity. He said he and his wife looked like the Beverly Hillbillies which the back seat loaded up and he wanted more of a touring car. He came over to drive mine and then we of course took a turn in his comparing the cars. Mine is a bit modified with pipes and a tune so that had to be accounted for and he liked the Bentley but just hated to give up AM. He ended up going to a DB9

How do you compare the cars? I felt the V8 motor was not terribly strong. Have not had an opportunity to drive he V12V but would love to. Do you have the automated manuel tranny?
I love the V8V, I drove the V12V and it is certainly at the top of the list as the replacement in time. Completely different cars, the Bentley CGT is a freight train of a cruiser. The Aston is a bit more high strung and certainly more agile, much rougher ride as well especially with the sport suspension package I have on the 09. Bentley is relegated to daily driving duties, Aston will (unfortunately) be parked away for the next 3-4 months.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:57 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Townshend
After months of searching and a few weeks of negotiations and logistics my 2009 Bentley Continental GT coupe arrived yesterday.

$17.5k miles
24 mo CPO car
Beluga/Beluga
Piano Black trim
Contrast stitching
Mulliner package
Convenience package
21" Bentley wheels

I have to get some better shots of my English babes together as well. Here are a few to start
Looks like the same truck that delivered our Continental from Tysons.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	434036  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 Bentley Conti GT delivered