Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Lowering links & car dropping at high speeds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 07:30 PM
Payton34ferrari is on a distinguished road
Lowering links & car dropping at high speeds

I recently dropped my car with lowering links. Does the car drop itself once it hits a certain speed? The car doesn't rub now, but I'm worried that if I'm going 100+ the car will lower itself & there won't be enough clearance. Thanks

Old 11-29-2015, 07:36 PM
Payton34ferrari is on a distinguished road
Lowering links-smell burned rubber

I lowered my car & checked all clearances; it doesn't touch anywhere. It's within mm's of rubbing one particular spot on the control arms behind the tires but it doesn't; however I took it for a quick drive & when I got out; I smelled the slight odor of burned rubber. I assume it must be rubbing, but there is clearance when the car is stopped. I understand that everything moves when driving obviously, but cannot figure out where the tires could be rubbing while in motion. It's close to the suspension while parked... I'm just grasping for straws. I don't want to add spacers. It's a 2006 with 21's. I added the links & dropped it one inch. Thanks

Old 11-30-2015, 06:35 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, at a certain high speed the car drops lower and do not think I've ever seen an exact figure of that mph/kph speed. Thus it is possible you've gone too far down when lowering and she 'bottoms out' at that high speed.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:56 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Had mine up to 165mph with the lowering links fitted. No problems here.