Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Slight misfire on GTC coil pack ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 12:34 PM
roocarl is on a distinguished road
Slight misfire on GTC coil pack ?

I went to look at a lovely GTC all looked great 2007 car with 42k miles but on the test drive I sensed a very slight misfire :-( the trader said It was fine and I was wrong .... but after driving a couple of silky smooth cars this did have a slightly unsmooth acceleration , although tickover seemed fine is this just a plug or coil pack or could it be a more expensive problem ?

Carl

Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2016, 12:58 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Without a reader it could be a variety of things, some more expensive than others. There was a bad batch of coils LONG ago yet that should have been changed during the 4yr service. It could be the dreaded false air, which is engine out and $4000 to fix.

Be VERY cautious here.

If your heart is really set on that car, take it to the Bentley dealer and tell him what the problem seems to be and find out what code(s) they are seeing and how the turbo air lines are. While it is at the dealers, have them check the bushings, the air shocks, etc too.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:27 PM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
I did my plugs and coil packs, replaced all 12 oem coil packs.
I still have my old coil packs, i suspect only 1 or 2 bad coil packs that gave me the missfire,,,

i have a brand new oem intake manifold gasket for sale and my old coilpacks if you wanna buy a couple to try out if you can pinpoint the one thats causing the problem.

to do the plugs and coil packs you gotta pull the intake manifold off.

if the car misfires it will give you a check engine light or a flashing check engine light that is for sure and soon as that happens dont drive it, you will cause more damage.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:19 PM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
...could you please describe the manual you have....thanks JimB