Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

What exhaust to get?

Old 05-10-2016, 08:17 AM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
What exhaust to get?

Hello,

My (hopefully) soon to be 2007 GTC is going in for PPI tomorrow and this has me thinking about what exhaust to put on it.

I would like something subdued that adds more volume but not necessarily loud (think decatted porsche with factory sport muffler).

Ideally I like capristo but refuse to spend $5,000 (a significant percentage of the car) on an exhaust.

What else is out there that would fit what I'm wanting to achieve?

Thank you all!

Old 05-10-2016, 06:27 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Save your money and just use the free valve open trick. Guys, chime in here.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:42 AM
onefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to allonefastman1 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Save your money and just use the free valve open trick. Guys, chime in here.
I have thought about doing that but it doesn't give me any more volume than the stock exhaust produces, just gives me the most it will produce around town.

Ideally I'd like an exhaust that does that normally and even more when you 'get on it'.

Do secondary cat delete pipes make a difference in sound? Perhaps the vacuum mod and the mid pipes could give me what I'm looking for?

Old 05-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by onefastman1
I have thought about doing that but it doesn't give me any more volume than the stock exhaust produces, just gives me the most it will produce around town.

Ideally I'd like an exhaust that does that normally and even more when you 'get on it'.

Do secondary cat delete pipes make a difference in sound? Perhaps the vacuum mod and the mid pipes could give me what I'm looking for?
The secondary cat delete will produce a little more sound, but not the increased volume and tone you would get from a rear section exhaust.

We are a US importer for Quicksilver, and they make some very well-built and great sounding systems. I have sent you a message with some details and pricing.

Adam@GMP

Old 05-11-2016, 09:53 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps take it to a good muffler / speed place and have them fab up an exhaust. This way you get a perfect fit and generally the prices are far less than some other pre-fabs too. Deleting the secondary cat is a good idea.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:15 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
When I had my last Jag XJR done in the UK, the guy at the exhaust shop took off the old rear silencers, started up the engine and asked how loud I wanted it compared to having none. They had various ones from mid sport to straight through, so I went with full sport.
Maybe you have a shop that are as helpful over your side of the pond.

Les.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:06 AM
putski89 is an unknown quantity at this point
I added FabSpeed exhaust. Gets rid of secondary cad. converters. If you leave the mufflers in place, minimal sound change. Does sound a little more "mean", but not obnoxious. I did in conjunction with GIAC upgrade... Monster!!!