Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Drivers side A/C is warmer than passengers side: ideas why?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 04:05 PM
cduluk1 is on a distinguished road
Drivers side A/C is warmer than passengers side: ideas why?

Hi all:

For my 09 flying spur:

I'd i set both the drivers and passengers side to the LOW temp setting and ANY directional configuration, the drivers side won't come out cold. The passengers side will be ice cold and the drivers side will be 'cool' at best.

Both sides' heat works perfectly.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Is there a separate A/C system for left and right sides?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Old 08-04-2016, 04:53 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
As I recall, there a part that moves the inner flaps behind the dash that is known to be troubling. I think it is around $1300 to fix.

Old 08-06-2016, 02:28 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
Could be actuators for the various air doors. One that sets the air to recirculate has failed on my car. They are VW parts about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Expensive to replace as much of the center dash has to be removed.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:48 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cduluk1
Hi all:

For my 09 flying spur:

I'd i set both the drivers and passengers side to the LOW temp setting and ANY directional configuration, the drivers side won't come out cold. The passengers side will be ice cold and the drivers side will be 'cool' at best.

Both sides' heat works perfectly.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Is there a separate A/C system for left and right sides?

Any thoughts appreciated!
You haven't revealed whether or not you have checked your coolant level. I experienced the same symptoms when the coolant was low. In fact, I had to replace one of the two AC pipes due to a tiny leak. Once recharged, the AC performed as normal.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Swflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura aboutSwflbt23 has a spectacular aura about
Two most common issues iv seen here in florida for this are HVAC motors stuck creating a restriction. This cuts down on the volume of air flowing across the evaporator thus producing warm air. The second most common cause is low refrigerant. With low refrigerant the system can not properly absorb the humidity. Then the duct system in the car separates the air side to side producing a temperature difference side to side. There are a few other causes but one of these two are most likely.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:24 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Swflbt23
Two most common issues iv seen here in florida for this are HVAC motors stuck creating a restriction. This cuts down on the volume of air flowing across the evaporator thus producing warm air. The second most common cause is low refrigerant. With low refrigerant the system can not properly absorb the humidity. Then the duct system in the car separates the air side to side producing a temperature difference side to side. There are a few other causes but one of these two are most likely.
By HVAC motors do you mean the duct door actuators or some other parts I haven't discovered yet?