Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Advice on Selling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 04:48 PM
alexob53 is on a distinguished road
Advice on Selling

Unfortunately it has become time to sell the 07 Flying Spur with only 13k miles off for someone else to enjoy. It has been good, but there are other things I want to move on to. I was wondering if any of you have had success selling these caliber cars to a private party. All offers from dealers have been ridiculous at around $45k, I have put it on eBay and the 6 Speed classifieds with no luck so far, so would you recommend/have you had success with duPont Registry, James Edition, or another online car marketplace? Thanks for sharing your experience!

Alex

Old 12-15-2016, 05:36 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
The price is what it is and the four door is not as desired as two door. Don't fret, the mint 2007 GTC only gets $55k offers, so $45k for the four door from a dealer sounds about right. Since you have put it for sale elsewhere with no sale that should be a reminder of the market sentiment of these cars. The VW Group has done a horrible job at even the slightest effort at maintaining value of their vehicles.

Just take the $45 in trade towards another car and work the nubers,. Consider this a life lesson of choosing certain brands of vehicles and their resale 'value'.

My apologies, wish there was a gentler way of putting this, yet we all know it can be a tough lesson if you value money and if you put in effort to earn it.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:50 PM
I agree about taking the value of it towards a trade, would only equate to around $3.5k in tax savings. So if I could sell it for even $55k it puts me $7k ahead. Seems a reasonable price considering low mileage similar year examples are for sale at dealers for $70k, but it's only worth what someone will pay. Thanks for the reality check though .

Last edited by alexob53; 12-15-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:32 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I reeeeally feel bad, and your low miles help provided all service is up to date. 55k does seem about right IF you can find a buyer. Whatever dealer is asking 70k is, how shall i put this, smoking hopium unless they also include $15,000 cash in the boot. Maybe you can donate it as a tax write off, or find some other way to make the numbers work in your favor. You could sell her part by part as she's worth a bit more that way, yet time and effort have value so not sure if that would be a good way to go about it.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:42 PM

I would hate to see such a nice example parted out, but yes you're right about the dealers price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.