Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Time to upgrade my 2006 to 2011 - Advice on 2011 faults

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 09:57 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....Thank you for the information...how is short term leasing different from renting a car...I presume major difference is that if one leases, the car is in your name and you are fully legally responsible for any damage to either the car or another person...I guess if you rent a car, the rental company owns car...even though the contract says you are liable for any damage...and I guess the person renting's insurance is primary and rental company secondary...I cannot see buying a previously leased car...the prior lesee has no serious vested interest in the car...why should they pay for hidden expensive repair or maintenance...JimB

Old 04-07-2017, 08:47 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Jim.

The Spur that I mentioned came with insurance and servicing included. Must just be a Brit' thing I guess.

Les.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:08 AM
MikeH is on a distinguished road
Hi all,

Just to update I managed to get a look and drive of the car last Friday, it was fantastic perfectly clean drove fantastic and had a full service history including its last service being done by the same indy that I use. A quick call to my indy put my mind at complete rest as he was able to give me plenty of info about the car and assured me that he had given the car a thorough check just 14 days prior and it wanted for nothing!

The first 44,000 miles have been done in the first 3 years, since then an average of 5000 per year bringing it to the 60,000 the mileage doesn't bother me at all especially as i cover around 2500 per year myself. the car is solid and just a slight sign of wear shown on the outer bolster of the drivers seat which my detailer can fix up easy and cheap.

The new touch screen infotainment system is so much better than the old one and the cooling ventilated seats are great for the summer. The car seems to have a little more power definitely more low end torque and it feels quite a bit lighter, the gear box has less lag when changing up and i noticed it matching the revs on downshift which was nice. I also found the driving position a little higher than my outgoing model

I put a deposit on the car and listed my 2006 for sale, the dealer has offered me a low part-ex price for my car so im going to try and sell it myself privately over the next few days. Im just waiting on the DVLA to transfer my private plate off my current vehicle and if I dont get any interested in my car by the time the paperwork arrives back ill just take the part-ex offer.

Cant wait to pick it up now, Photos will follow, Iv already discussed options with my detailer and I think it will be getting a 5 year Nanolex Si3D HD Ceramic coating to keep it looking good.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:33 AM
....I have heard of film wrapping a car for protection...what's with Ceramic that don't sound real...how much does it cost and what is it really...JimB

Old 04-11-2017, 08:54 AM
Hi Jim, I had the 2 year Gyeon MOHS Ceramic coating applied to my 2006 last September the photos are here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4595993

You would need to speak with a detailer to provide a quote as it will depend on the current condition of your vehicle, Your paint would need to be corrected and any scratches, marks or swirls in your paint would need to be removed before having the coating applied or they will be locked in underneath the coating.

I would expect it to be between £300 - £800 depending on the prep work required first and the coating you chose.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:23 AM
....I am surprised you went for the poor mans "Ceramic" they have "Quartz" "Diamond" and soon "Cryptomite" ever try "Mystery Oil"...been washing, waxing my own for 70 years and have aversion to "The New Easy Way"...We generally go to Pebble Beach Concours every August...I'll suggest this new discovery...

Old 04-23-2017, 02:26 AM
Picked it up yesterday and New model is now settling in to its new home!

Todays job is a valet at home as my detailer cant get it in until the end of July

Will do some decent photos later today when its nice and clean

Old 04-23-2017, 08:13 AM
....Hello Mike...Congratulations on your new Bentley...and on learning how to clean your car...do you have picture of you doing the wheels...the wheels on the Speed are rough...here in California we actually pump our own Petrol and Air in our Tyers...I even pick up a Penny on the street, when I can't do that, I will know I getting old....JimB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.